www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 5:12 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: ABUniverse diaper!
PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:49 am 

Just as an update.

Bambino has just recently rolled out a yet-to-be-named diaper that they claim has more capacity than their other products.

I ordered a sample out of curiosity... will provide more info when I've had a chance to try them out.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 5:51 am 

Extra capacity may be a great thing at night but during the day - except for special occasions - it means you are in a wet diaper for a longer and longer period. It is wise to avoid being in wet diapers for extended time - your skin likes dry! So be aware of the pit falls of the new extended wear diapers. Papa

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 11:40 am 

I appreciate the words of advice. Though I can honestly say I've never had a problem with rashes. With the thick Abenas and Dry 24/7s I've worn them for as long as 12 hours without any issues. It just comes down to how sensitive your skin is.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 12:28 pm 

Well, tried the new Bambinos. From what I can tell they aren't significantly different from the other Bambino products. They hold a bit more, but not enough to justify the price IMO.

As far as I know the Dry 24/7 is still tops in capacity.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 2:30 am 

Papa wrote:
Extra capacity may be a great thing at night but during the day - except for special occasions - it means you are in a wet diaper for a longer and longer period. It is wise to avoid being in wet diapers for extended time - your skin likes dry! So be aware of the pit falls of the new extended wear diapers. Papa

I guess after 40 years my skin is different! I don't bother to change till the diaper is pretty wet or full. Lots of times that's 8-12 hours. No problem in many, many years.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:26 am 

PuddleGuy wrote:
Well, tried the new Bambinos. From what I can tell they aren't significantly different from the other Bambino products. They hold a bit more, but not enough to justify the price IMO.

As far as I know the Dry 24/7 is still tops in capacity.

I decided to try the 24/7's that I see several people rave about. The capacity is amazing and so was the rash! I still changed the same amount of time that I always have but after 2 days I was raw. Took me better than a week to get cleared up and during that time I went back to my SecureX Plus diapers that I've been using for a long time now. Well last Friday I tried another 24/7 overnight & overnight the rash started again. Won't go back to them. Whatever these are made of does not agree with my skin. I guess the moral to the story is if you find something that works well for you then don't mess with it!

Post subject: Wellness and Bambino
PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:40 am 

I've tried Bambino and feel the Wellness has the edge! I want to repeat here what I posted in the general comments, where folks are discussing Abena and Dry 24/7

Consider the Wellness Brief, you know the one....the NASA inspired diaper! Still plastic backed and with excellent absorbancy that rivals Abena and Molicare. Go right to the Wellness site and ask for the sample pack in either large or small/medium and they send you two diapers free....not even a postage charge. That is really effortless and it lets you see which size works, and two diapers give you a decent chance to assess the performance in comparison to what you are currently using.

I read folks complaining about the cost....but just as when the Abena first came on the scene....it seemed expensive until you took into account the fewer changes needed and the "expensive" diaper turned out to be less expensive on a daily basis than the less costly diapers that you need to change more frequently.

After you try the sample and decide to order, watch for promos and Facebook, where they usually offer a coupon to help bring the cost down to the $1.25 to $1.30 per diaper which is reasonable for premium diapers. And, shipping is free for case lots; with a case being 60 diapers.

And, no! I do not work for Wellness; I just like what I am finding after being first, a Molicare fan, followed by becoming a long time Abena X-Plus fan.

JoeK

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:53 pm 

Hey Joe I thought you were all about cloth. What made you go back to the disposables.
...............................Sandy :)

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:59 am 

Hi Sandy (and Merry Christmas!)

While I am a cloth diaper fan and always have been, disposable diapers have their place with their throw away convenience. I was also pretty much "anti-disposable diaper" back in the days when disposables were bad....you know; Depend and Attends not to mention store brands that were just about useless. If you needed to keep your pants dry you needed to wear cloth. But that's changed....pun intended.

For many years now the premium diapers have been very good: Abena X-Plus, Molicare, Dry 24/7, Wellness, Tena Super.

So I cannot ignore the convenience of throw away for travel, visiting relatives and so on.

Bedwetting remains the issue for disposables for a lot of folks. Some have had some success with some brands overnight but anyone who sleeps on their side and / or "tosses and turns" thru the night often wakes up in a wet bed....grrrrrrrrrrr. Which is why many disposable wearers use cloth diapers at night.

And for travel, when I must resort to disposable diapers, I'd like to find a diaper I can sleep in and not wet the bed.... so I continually watch the discussions on this board and the Yahoo board for a "better" disposable diaper.

My favorite is Abena X-Plus (now the M4) but no guarantee of a dry bed. Hence my looking at Wellness and Dry 24/7.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:36 am 

Joe, You are right. No one would choose to wear disposable paper tee shirts or socks over cotton ones, even though you have to wash them after one use. Convenience is the be all and end all of life today. Chemical laden disposables fastened around our bodies, landfills overflowing with bacteria ladened diapers are secondary to convenience! We all bend towards it even the most die hard eco man or woman.
I love to cook and everyone who eats here raves about the food. As i peel and chop garlic they all watch me and inform me that I could buy jars of pre chopped garlic to save time. I reply "yes I could use garlic with preservatives and bad texture or sauce out of a jar or prepared everything from boxes, jars or cans." They fail to understand why my food tastes so much better and is so much healthier. Convenience, in many ways, is just wrong. Papa

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 64 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next