Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

Airport security & diapers

Sun Sep 24, 2006 12:10 pm

While travelling to Mexico, I went through the security screening. In my carry-on I had my diapers I would need for the flight along with wipes powder and Destin ointment. With the new rules not allowing liquids the TSA told me I wasn't allowed to bring it in my carry-on and it needed to be in my checked in luggage. I pointed out that it was a medical product and I needed it to prevent a diaper rash. He could see I was wearing diapers and I had enough diapers in my bag for several changes. He consulted his superiors and came back. He told me I could have 4 oz. or less and that they allowed it for babies and they allowed it for me. They also tested it in a machine that I suppose proved it wasn't explosive.....By the way TSA didn't bat an eye to the fact I was wearing diapers.

Jeff

Interesting

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:03 pm

Thanks for the tips, I've been wondering a little about airport security and diapers. It's kind of interesting how they didn't care about your diapers -- of course on the other hand, what were they going to say?

Sun Sep 24, 2006 3:35 pm

The only time of the many trips I've taken that my diapers were an issue is when I was wearing cloth diapers with pins. That set off the metal detector and I had to show them what triggered the alarm. She ( the TSA agent) told me I should use disposable diapers so this wouldn't happen again. This happened pre 9/11 and you probably wouldn't be able to wear pin on diapers on board the plane now. It seems to me that they see adult diapers in luggage often.

Jeff
Post a reply