www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2022 6:57 pm 

I'm sure that I'm not the only one with this problem. You buy diapers that you think are going to work out and you get the wrong size or they disappoint in some other way. But you don't want to throw them away and I don't have anyone to give them to. So sometimes you can just work your way through the stock. For other diapers, they may be considered so unsuitable that you rarely, if ever want to use them.

A few examples:

1) I ordered Molicare Mobile pull-ups and found that they clump badly with extended wear time. But later, I discovered that these work great for errands/shopping, where the wear time is only 2-4 hours. So I continue to use these for that (problem solved).

2) I ordered TENA Flex Maxi Briefs in the summer, which use a velcro fastener. These are convenient for frequent toilet use. But I made the mistake of ordering Large rather than Medium. The bag includes 22 briefs, which takes a while to work through! The large size made them unbearably tall and wide in the bottom for wearing out in public. Otherwise, they were ok. To use these up, I found that I could use them as an overnight diaper.

3) I have a bag of Forsite PE backed overnight diapers. I had no idea how builky and noisy these were. They're still packed away in the closet from almost a year ago. These are so embarrassing.

4) I have a bag of MegaMax TieDie. I needed two of these for my trip up and back from up North last summer. I still have the rest of the package on tap for when I really need it. I guess I'll just keep these for when I run out of an overnight briefs.

Once my inventory is depleted, I will retry the TENA Flex Maxi Briefs again in a Medium. I have a good application for the Molicares, so no stock problem there. I haven't had the courage yet to use the Forsites. Eventually destined for overnight I guess. But I hate crawling into bed crinkling and crackling (too embarrassing). The only other use case for these might be for snow removal sessions. Nobody is going to hear them outside with snow shovels and snowblowers going.

So that is my "stock challenge for 2022". How about you?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:27 am 

Have you thought about donating them to diaper banks?

Hello, my name is Scott, and physically, I am 46 years old. However, thanks to abuse, and being special needs, mentally and emotionally, I am equal to about 6-10 years old. I'm autistic, deal with double incontinence, anxiety, depression, and PTSD.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:17 pm 

Definitely. But so far, all similar organizations here are only accepting infant diapers.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:59 pm 

I have 2 bags of betterdry, a pack of abena l4 and other random diapers I’ve bought and they didn’t work out. My current routine is Northshore supreme at home and MegaMax in black when out. I just ordered a case of each for this month. My disability was increased this month for cost of living increase but I always keep extras for the inevitable “oh crap I’m broke and out of diapers.”