www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Feeling awful
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:04 pm 

Hi All

Just had to vent lying in bed feeling totally awful have a terrible UTI. I am normally so positive but at the moment not so. This is when I hate incontinence so so much on antibiotics great fun!

I just wish this had not happened to me.

Sorry about this post but had to get my thoughts down!!

Greenbank

Post subject: Re: Feeling awful
PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 3:50 pm 

Sorry to hear that greenbank. We are indeed used to seeing your very positive messages here. But everyone has bad days, even the most upbeat folks. Health issues can bring us down in a hurry.

But do cheer up because the infection is temporary and hopefully very short lived. Hang in there! Tomorrow will be better.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 4:00 pm 

wayne wrote:
Sorry to hear that greenbank. We are indeed used to seeing your very positive messages here. But everyone has bad days, even the most upbeat folks. Health issues can bring us down in a hurry.

But do cheer up because the infection is temporary and hopefully very short lived. Hang in there! Tomorrow will be better.

Thanks again for for the lovely wishes much appreciated!

Greenbank

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2021 8:13 pm 

So sorry to hear this , I know personally how discouraging these can be , like Wayne wish you all the best , hang in there and let the antibiotics do their work and you will be up and around in no time.

Paul Henry

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 6:43 am 

Paul Henry wrote:
So sorry to hear this , I know personally how discouraging these can be , like Wayne wish you all the best , hang in there and let the antibiotics do their work and you will be up and around in no time.

Paul Henry

Thanks for the kind words bit better today incontinence is the gift that keeps giving!

Thanks again

Greenbank

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 10:49 am 

Add my support and wishes for your speedy recovery. While I was first learning to manage incontinence, I had several UTIs, and they were the pits. Don't let anybody try to describe incontinence as a minor, embarrassing inconvenience. It can be that, but it can also quickly become life-threatening. Take your antibiotics, and don't skip a dose just because you're feeling well. Good luck and keep us informed.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 1:31 pm 

Patrick wrote:
Add my support and wishes for your speedy recovery. While I was first learning to manage incontinence, I had several UTIs, and they were the pits. Don't let anybody try to describe incontinence as a minor, embarrassing inconvenience. It can be that, but it can also quickly become life-threatening. Take your antibiotics, and don't skip a dose just because you're feeling well. Good luck and keep us informed.

Hi Patrick

I have a number of UTI since incontinence permanently knocked on my door as a teenager. This one has been horrible never been confined to bed for a day before every part of my body ached feel now as if I have been hit by a truck. Lower back so uncomfortable at the moment. You are correct incontinence is not just an embarrassing thing. The strong antibiotics are slowly working now and going to the loo is less painful. Wish I knew how it developed so quickly I am so so careful with hygiene.

Thanks for your support all!

Greenbank

PostPosted: Thu Oct 21, 2021 7:28 pm 

This sounds horrible!

Don't know if I've ever had one but there's been times I've had a lot pain but never full body ache, lay in bed sick. Oofta.

Feel better soon!!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:23 am 

Hi All

Thank you for the for all your lovely support this place is wonderful thankfully feeling a lot lot better now.

Can’t tell you how much the kind words helped me through this horrible time!

Thanks again

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sat Oct 23, 2021 8:30 pm 

I'm glad to hear that you're feeling better. Now you can get back to your usual normal or better.