www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:41 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: cloth diapers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:42 am 

In an earlier thread, I asked for advice on what diaper cover you preferred. Thanks to all that gave their opinions. Now, I am asking for what cloth diaper you prefer? I wear cloth at night, and some are wearing a little thin. I need a thick diaper due to the fact that my night time void can be substantial. I also prefer one that allows enough cloth to overlap the ends to secure pins. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Post subject: Re: cloth diapers
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 9:50 am 

When I use cloth (only ever at night) it's always a pocket diaper with foldable cloth inserts from Blankencare, a small family business in the UK. Have used prefolds a couple of times, but find the Blankencare type easier to put on, less bulky, easier to get waterproof pants over, and just as effective.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 12:13 pm 

My inventory are all ACD night-weight. I supplement them with ratty, badly worn diapers used as inserts, because I typically void multiple times each night. Over these I wear polyurethane pants from Angel Fluff; however these will need to be replaced before next year. Good luck finding what will work for you.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:17 pm 

I use Birdseye weave cloth diapers from ACD.
I buy nighttime weight in size medium, only because of my wide hips. I pin them about on my pelvic bones, so there’s plenty of overlap. Size small puts the pins at my hips with some overlap but the overlap and pins outline can be spotted under a dress.
When I buy them, they get used at night for the first several months. As I wash them, they become thinner, which are then worn during the day. I’ve been wearing diapers a “long time” so I have many from various lots of wear.
I’ve purchased from a few other stores but seem to gravitate back to ACD. I’ve thought about making them myself but so far, there’s no time.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:50 am 

Upon your suggestions, I have been trying to contact the Adult Cloth Diaper company regarding proper sizing for me. I have sent several messages through their contact us form, and have not received a reply. I have tried to find a phone number, and all I can see is a fax number. Has anyone tried to contact them, and if so, how did you do it?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:09 am 

dp66 wrote:
Upon your suggestions, I have been trying to contact the Adult Cloth Diaper company regarding proper sizing for me. I have sent several messages through their contact us form, and have not received a reply. I have tried to find a phone number, and all I can see is a fax number. Has anyone tried to contact them, and if so, how did you do it?

Are you in the USA? Why not try Angelfluff diaper company. they have more sizing options and they are pretty good about getting back to you or speaking over the phone.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:13 am 

Angel Fluff. Thank you I will give them a look.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2021 6:22 pm 

Adult Cloth Diaper Company Phone number: 877-215-9004

PostPosted: Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:02 pm 

You may want to look into DependeCo http://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/. While they do have ABDL stuff, they also have a variety of solid colors and the usual white as well.

For nighttime, I use their white flannel pinned diaper inside the Velcro tabbed flannel diaper (thus, no need for pinning since the outer Velcro tabbed diaper holds everything in place); and a cover over that. And while bulky, I’ve never had a leak issue. Here’s where you can find the flannel items: http://dependeco-adult-diapers.com/catalog.php?category=11.

Monika, the owner, is a gem. She will custom make anything you want at no extra charge. I wanted a diaper cover for daytime use. But I didn’t like the “high rise”. No problem for her; she made what I needed to the exact measurements. Even worked with me on options for achieving the lower rise I wanted. I just can’t say enough good things about her.