www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 11:46 am 

Hi folks,

I found this seam iron on seam sealing tape. I've tried it on vinyl and PUL. Works great, and it's completely permanent and washable.

I used it to seal the hip seam in my Garywear Active pants. I've had problems in the past with moisture wicking through there. This stuff has solved that problem for me.

Maybe this is useful to others, so I thought I'd share. It is made for waterproof sewing projects.

Cheers,

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FK4N7M8?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 4:57 pm 

Thanks for the tip on the seam sealing tape, I'm sure it will be useful for many on here. However, generally speaking if you are getting leaks out of your PUL pant seams or elastics your basic protection is not doing its job and you probably need to upgrade that a bit. Remember, diaper covers are primarily made to keep a damp item separated from outside items and aren't really made to contain running liquid.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 7:27 pm 

Padded53 wrote:
generally speaking if you are getting leaks out of your PUL pant seams or elastics your basic protection is not doing its job and you probably need to upgrade that a bit. Remember, diaper covers are primarily made to keep a damp item separated from outside items

Yes, of course. That's a good point. For me: leaks from the side seam in the GW pants came from side sleeping. If you put weight on a damp cloth and leave it there for a while it will make its way out of those side seams. Same with the leg seams and sitting. In a worst case scenario situation that is unacceptable.

Not to sound like a smart ass but I assume this is a common thing and that's why they make the "No Wicking" and "Sealed" style of covers.