Mentally and physically?
Post a reply

Storage space for your stuff..

Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:23 pm

Hey, id just thought id start a new thread and address an issue... STORAGE.. its a big issue, especially for us disposable users. Right now, i live in a small house.. only 1 level..and there is not a whole lot of space. And my daily usage requires to have at least 2 cases worth of stuff on hand, just in case i have a lot of episodes. So..the question remains where do i put all my stuff? My dad was putting everything in our coat closet.. but that's a bit embarassing when ppl out side my family come over and want to use the coat closet..not to mention that's a lot of space to take up. So what did I do? I remodled my storage cabinent which was already used to store my diapers.. i realized that without the shelves in there, more could be stored in there.. and there was a shelf above that could be utilized. So, i moved things around and Voila! i have ALL my supplies in my bedroom stacked in a neat orderly fashion. I have at least 5 cases worth of diapers in my bedroom, and it doesnt take up a whole lot of space. Of course it means that shelf cant be used for anything else.. but, i wasn't having a whole lot of stuff on there anyway..

So, just thought id share this.. and to see what storage ideas you guys have come up with..because it definetly is a factor in using disposables.. washing is the big downside to cloth.. storage space, cost, and trash volume are disposable's.. also, i took the doors off my cabinent that i use to store diapers.. they were just getting in my way.. I don't know if mom and dad will like it when they get home,but if they don't, most of the changes I made are reversible.

Tue Mar 31, 2009 3:53 pm

I've got two plastic 3-drawer storage units from Wal-Mart in my closet... they do a good job of holding my variety of diapers and changing supplies. I also use the top shelf of my closet to keep unopened packs out of the way until they are needed. You're right... it does take up a lot of space... but it is all necessary so I don't mind.
Post a reply