Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

Diaper genie

Wed Jan 08, 2020 7:49 am

Hello all. It has been a long time since I posted here. I am looking for an adult diaper genie for my bathroom. Sometimes my fiance sees and smells the trash. Never complains but quite embarrassing for me. Also price of coarse matter as well.

Re: Diaper genie

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:11 am

ironhorse wrote:Hello all. It has been a long time since I posted here. I am looking for an adult diaper genie for my bathroom. Sometimes my fiance sees and smells the trash. Never complains but quite embarrassing for me. Also price of coarse matter as well.

I have one I bought from Northshore that I only used a couple times. I was so used to using the regular trash that I just never used it, and I normally take soiled diapers directly to the can outside. I'll PM you with info on it later, as I don't remember the brand, etc., but would love to get it out of my closet.

Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:46 am

Sounds great thank you

Wed Jan 08, 2020 11:01 pm

ironhorse wrote:Sounds great thank you

I PM'd you.

Thu Jan 09, 2020 6:51 am

been very happy since using this can. it is for trash but this can and the simple human P size bags are perfect. keeps odor well confined to the can.
and the bags are super strong. only use 2 bags a week but they are heavy when full.
https://www.amazon.com/simplehuman-Gallon-Semi-Round-Kitchen-Plastic/dp/B003VWMS5E

Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:05 am

aides here have found that reuseing the good old wal mart bags are good for this and cheaper than a diaper genie i have loads of them any way and just get thrown in the trash anyway so they may as well earn there keep by helping with diaper smell

Tue Jan 14, 2020 9:33 am

I too use the Walmart bags for used diaper disposal. After a diaper change I roll it up burrito style and put it in the bag which I then close by twisting the handles together. That goes into a small lidded trash can with a top operated by foot. I can get 4 full diapers and wipes into the bag, which is a days worth for me, before I need to take it out to the big trash can outside. The Walmart bags and the small can contain the oder very well with only slight wiff escaping when they are first opened.

Tue Jan 14, 2020 1:58 pm

mattwp wrote:aides here have found that reuseing the good old wal mart bags are good for this and cheaper than a diaper genie i have loads of them any way and just get thrown in the trash anyway so they may as well earn there keep by helping with diaper smell

Supermarket carrier bags? Over here they've banned them supposedly for the sake of the environment - the upshot is we have to buy plastic bin liners for the same purpose, which is a nice little earner for the supermarkets which previously gave the bags away.

Wed Mar 04, 2020 9:20 pm

I use a dekor diaper pail (the large one) and it’s great. I’ve had 2 Akords from Northshore that have both broken in under a year. The dekor is holding up like a champ. I got mine on amazon

Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:49 pm

Ackord adult diaper pail, i have one and works very well!!
Post a reply