www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Thoughts on a Onesie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:20 pm 

A couple years ago after reading recommendations on here and other sites, I ordered a basic white tank-top style onesie. When it was delivered, I put it in the bottom of a dresser drawer and left it there. Mentally, I just couldn't bring myself to put it on - to me it carried a bit of a fetish connotation (this from the guy who has no problem wearing printed diapers or plastic pants if he can get a good deal on 'em and save some money) which proved to be a roadblock for me. I literally didn't touch it for 2 years until yesterday when I was wearing a cloth pre-fold and plastic pants. I am still learning how to make a pre-fold work for me, so typically it is my last resort (I use contours normally) as I struggle with sagging and having to re-pin and pull it up it several times throughout the day.

I don't know why, but yesterday I pulled that onesie out and put it on and WOW, what a difference! It held things snugly in place, was comfortable (though I have gained a few pounds in the last 2 years and could go with a size larger), and I never once had to re-pin the diaper or deal with it sagging or falling down! Plus, it seemed to smooth out my profile a bit and make the bulky night-weight pre-fold a bit more discrete, which is not a bad thing. I am now a believer in onesies and will definitely look at buying more or making my own. I wish I hadn't been so bull-headed and tried it 2 years ago! Live and learn, I guess...

Post subject: Re: Thoughts on a Onesie
PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:51 pm 

Congratulations on your find!
I have worn a body briefer, which is nothing more than a form fitting spandex garment, resembling a one piece bathing suit with hook and eye access at the crotch, for years. Though it can be rather warm in the summer, it does a great job holding diapers in place. I wear them mainly for less casual situations when I want to slender down. Otherwise, a spandex control brief works nicely.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 05, 2019 6:33 pm 

In the cooler months I will often wear a onesie to bed. My Wife likes to keep the room quite cool for sleeping and the onesie keeps me warm and keeps all of my protection nicely in place. It also doesn't ride up and shift around like a T-Shirt does. I've also worn one a few times during the day. But it was only when I knew I wasn't going to be able to change for an extended time and wanted to give some additional support to my diaper which I knew would be heavy/sagging by the end of the day. They do have their uses!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 4:19 am 

I wear one every day to work as I do tech support and I am up and down ladders and under desks a lot of times during the day it keeps everything inplace and keeps my diaper hidden when I bend over or stretch.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 06, 2019 7:05 am 

RobertH wrote:
I wear one every day to work as I do tech support and I am up and down ladders and under desks a lot of times during the day it keeps everything inplace and keeps my diaper hidden when I bend over or stretch.

Ditto. some gal on ebay made mine. been using them for years. usually have to order another 7 every 2 years . I use them about 50/50 for support and concealment.
of course you should avoid what happened to me the other day at work. about an hour into my shift I reached back to straigten out my shirt and notice the long end of the onsie
just hanging a bit below my shirt out in the open in all it;s glory with 4 snaps just hanging out and swinging in the breeze. ooops forgot to snap it all together when dressing.
if anyone noticed they didnt say anything. tho a good chunk of folks there know that I have health issues.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:19 am 

I'm with RobertH on that one it helps hide and support (aka sagging), i love them!
i wish they would make turtle neck long sleeved style it would be awesome!
any seamstress out-there?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 09, 2019 12:19 pm 

RobertH wrote:

I do some competitive shooting, and a secured and tucked in shirt is not merely a convenience. It is primarily a safety issue for me. If I draw a pistol, and it gets caught on something, bad things could happen, so subtle polos or tshirts are critical for me.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:01 am 

I wear them in the winter to prevent sag and love them. Sadly, I tend to overheat and avoid them in the summer months. This post reminded me that mine are wearing out and I need to get some new ones. Where are people buying them these days?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Thu Dec 19, 2019 10:16 pm 

Porkchop wrote:
I wear them in the winter to prevent sag and love them. Sadly, I tend to overheat and avoid them in the summer months. This post reminded me that mine are wearing out and I need to get some new ones. Where are people buying them these days?

I honestly can't remember where I bought the I spoke of above. It's a white tank top style, with adjustable shoulders. On the plus side, it does a great job of holding everything in place. On the negative, the shoulder straps (think bra straps with the hooks) are reinforced with plastic that digs into my shoulders.

I did just receive one today from Rearz based on a black t shirt. It looks great, but it way too big for me. I ordered it based on their sizing recommendation online, but should have stayed with my normal size or even a size smaller. Hoping I can exchange it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:43 am 

I posted earlier in this thread but did not include a link.
I have been using these for years and will continue to do so. every 2-3 years I order another 7 as they do wear and become worn down a bit.
the seller will work with you on how you want them . I always delete the shoulder hook and eyes and just have em sewn together. as the removable shoulder part would
bother my skin. so now they are basically a tank top with a snap crotch.
these are the ones https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-White-Black-Bodysuit-Special-Needs-Clothing-Incontinence-S-M-L-XL-2X-3X/172255007098