www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:43 am 

Hi
As my incontinence has become more severe, so I had to upgrade my level of protection, I.e. thicker and more absorbant diapers.
This again, means, that although it’s fairly invisible in the beginning this changes so that eventually, I both feel and see, I have a more noticeable diaper outline in my pants. And I have noticed people sort of looking / staring at my crotch. Which is really unpleasant. Unfortunately changing at work is next to impossible, if I want to remain stealthy about my incontinence. I fear being open about it would have a significant impact on my career. I have well paid and interesting job, which I intend to keep.

So my question is, for recommendations for good compression pants / shape wear which helps flatten the diaper bulge down, both front and back.

Going up in pants size is not an option, my pants are already loose enough :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:39 am 

Personally, I use women’s control briefs, which are very stretchy garments made of spandex. They compress the disposable diaper and effectively eliminate noise from the plastic backing and make the diaper fit very snuggly to the body. The only negative is that the crotch is quite narrow and will definitely not contain the width of the diaper, allowing it to budge somewhat. When the diaper becomes wet, this bulge becomes more apparent.
For trim fitting women’s slacks, this is a real problem.
I have also use “boy cut style” brief designs (wider crotch), made from spandex, which addresses the crotch bulge and work quit well but they are harder to find.
These stretchy briefs also solve the wet diaper sagging issue.
I also use these briefs a lot with cloth diapers for the same reasons (with the same issues) as above but the overall bulge is much greater than with a disposable. Cloth doesn’t compress nearly as much, but with a skirt, there’s no issues.
Hope this helps!

Last edited by Ellyn on Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 11:41 am 

I've tried stuff like this, but it tends to cause more leaks. I would look into Gary ActiveWear pants, though.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 1:10 pm 

Take a look at Cupid Intimates website and click on "Cupid" near the top of the home page. Then type 5754 or 5754-11 into the search feature on the upper right side of the page. This will bring up a very nice long leg and high waist garment that works perfectly for compressing your diaper and keeping it perfectly in place. They even have a few small supports built-in that help support your back and keep the pant from rolling down.

Hey, I'm a guy too so I know the thought of wearing a woman's girdle can be off putting. However the really nice thing about these are that they are absolutely devoid of any lace or other decoration and nobody would know these aren't just a regular compression pant. I've been wearing them for about a year and they hold up to regular machine washing very well and really do a great job of concealing and supporting a heavy diaper. The price is very reasonable too, in the $16 range.

Last edited by Padded53 on Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 3:46 pm 

Padded53 wrote:
Take a look at Cupid Intimates website and click on "Cupid" near the top of the home page. Then type 5754 or 5754-11 into the search feature on the middle right side of the page. This will bring up a very nice long leg and high waist garment that works perfectly for compressing your diaper and keeping it perfectly in place. They even have a few small supports built-in that help support your back and keep the pant from rolling down.

Thanks. One question though. Since these garments are meant for woman, what size would be advisable for a man. My jeans size is w34.?
Hey, I'm a guy too so I know the thought of wearing a woman's girdle can be off putting. However the really nice thing about these are that they are absolutely devoid of any lace or other decoration and nobody would know these aren't just a regular compression pant. I've been wearing them for about a year and they hold up to regular machine washing very well and really do a great job of concealing and supporting a heavy diaper. The price is very reasonable too, in the $16 range.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:18 pm 

JMS... Hmmmm, that's a good question. I'm a bigger guy and wear a 42 waist in regular pants. I order a 7x in the Cupid 5754-11 style but when I look at the size chart it says it fits a 64"-66" :shock: which I'm nowhere near, even with a MegaMax diaper on. As I recall when I first ordered one I ordered the "right size" according to the chart and it was way too small. Plus the fact that you don't want the garment to be so tight that is crushes your diaper and thereby reduces its capacity. Looking at the size charts it appears that what fits me (7x) is showing as about 20" larger than my actual waist. So using that strange logic maybe try a #5754 in a 3x or 4x?

Looking at the website I also see two other garments (#5749 and #179) with the no-roll Magic Back feature (trust me, you want that) that look very similar. However the size charts look like they make more sense than the ones for the 5754's. You might want to try one of them but I can't vouch for the size charts being "correct". I guess with all things diapers it takes some trial and error to figure out what work best for you. Hope this helps a bit and let us know what you find out size-wise if you do order one of these.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:23 pm 

doogles wrote:
I've tried stuff like this, but it tends to cause more leaks. I would look into Gary ActiveWear pants, though.

These I have already. And they are awesome, great fit, a bit expensive, but worth the cost. A few pairs are still in active duty, even after three years. But they do not help decrease the bulkiness.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:24 pm 

Padded53 wrote:
JMS... Hmmmm, that's a good question. I'm a bigger guy and wear a 42 waist in regular pants. I order a 7x in the Cupid 5754-11 style but when I look at the size chart it says it fits a 64"-66" :shock: which I'm nowhere near, even with a MegaMax diaper on. As I recall when I first ordered one I ordered the "right size" according to the chart and it was way too small. Plus the fact that you don't want the garment to be so tight that is crushes your diaper and thereby reduces its capacity. Looking at the size charts it appears that what fits me (7x) is showing as about 20" larger than my actual waist. So using that strange logic maybe try a #5754 in a 3x or 4x?

Looking at the website I also see two other garments (#5749 and #179) with the no-roll Magic Back feature (trust me, you want that) that look very similar. However the size charts look like they make more sense than the ones for the 5754's. You might want to try one of them but I can't vouch for the size charts being "correct". I guess with all things diapers it takes some trial and error to figure out what work best for you. Hope this helps a bit and let us know what you find out size-wise if you do order one of these.

Sadly they do not ship outside the states. I'm living in Denmark.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:06 pm 

Compression shorts can help with this as long as they are not too tight.
Under Armor comes to mind. (Because I have a few pair.)

ScottK

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2019 3:52 pm 

ScottK wrote:
Compression shorts can help with this as long as they are not too tight.
Under Armor comes to mind. (Because I have a few pair.)

ScottK

those are in my daily uniform ....work great