Switch to full style
How do you deal with diaper rash?
Post a reply

Curing a bad diaper rash.

Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:21 pm

I'm glad I have pretty tough skin and I don't get diaper rash often. Usually I just air out my skin. But I do get it once in a while and it can be painful. A few years back I had one that wouldn't heal. I ended going to one of my doctors and I had a yeast infection. What the f***? Yeast infection? He told me it could happen, especially with wet and soiled diapers. He gave me Nystatin & Triamcinolone Acetonide cream or oinment. Like magic. I always use zinc-oxide paste (like Desitin) and I try to change when I can. I'd never heard about a guy having a yeast infection. Now I know.

Re: Curing a bad diaper rash.

Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:16 am

georgianchants131 wrote:I'm glad I have pretty tough skin and I don't get diaper rash often. Usually I just air out my skin. But I do get it once in a while and it can be painful. A few years back I had one that wouldn't heal. I ended going to one of my doctors and I had a yeast infection. What the f***? Yeast infection? He told me it could happen, especially with wet and soiled diapers. He gave me Nystatin & Triamcinolone Acetonide cream or oinment. Like magic. I always use zinc-oxide paste (like Desitin) and I try to change when I can. I'd never heard about a guy having a yeast infection. Now I know.

Yes... its called jock itch in guys. Definitely possible. It happened to me also. Now i keep a can of jock itch spray handy. :)

Peace out!
Rob
Post a reply