www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:09 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2021 5:21 pm 

I'm glad I have pretty tough skin and I don't get diaper rash often. Usually I just air out my skin. But I do get it once in a while and it can be painful. A few years back I had one that wouldn't heal. I ended going to one of my doctors and I had a yeast infection. What the f***? Yeast infection? He told me it could happen, especially with wet and soiled diapers. He gave me Nystatin & Triamcinolone Acetonide cream or oinment. Like magic. I always use zinc-oxide paste (like Desitin) and I try to change when I can. I'd never heard about a guy having a yeast infection. Now I know.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:16 am 

georgianchants131 wrote:
I'm glad I have pretty tough skin and I don't get diaper rash often. Usually I just air out my skin. But I do get it once in a while and it can be painful. A few years back I had one that wouldn't heal. I ended going to one of my doctors and I had a yeast infection. What the f***? Yeast infection? He told me it could happen, especially with wet and soiled diapers. He gave me Nystatin & Triamcinolone Acetonide cream or oinment. Like magic. I always use zinc-oxide paste (like Desitin) and I try to change when I can. I'd never heard about a guy having a yeast infection. Now I know.

Yes... its called jock itch in guys. Definitely possible. It happened to me also. Now i keep a can of jock itch spray handy. :)

Peace out!
Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II