www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Nappy rash
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 1:49 am 

Dear all my name is Nic I am 34 years old I have been in nappys all my life due to Incontences when I was younger mum used to changed me and I always seem to get nappy rash mum used creams on me always and I was always changed regular. I have tended to keep on having rashes can people tell me the best way to deal with it now ? Thanks

Nic

Post subject: Re: Nappy rash
PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:26 am 

Hi Nic

Try the equaite diaper rash cream from Walmart it's what I have used for the last 8 months

PostPosted: Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:56 am 

Nic,

Bummer about the rash. We all have gone through that. :(

I second what Rob has said. I also use the Equate Diaper Rash Relief cream from Walmart.

As you are in the UK, that brand may not be available to you. What is important is that this diaper rash cream contains 40% zinc oxide.

Zinc oxide cream forms a thick protective barrier on the skin. It also is a natural antibacterial agent. I am double incontinent (bladder and bowel) and have had NO rashes since I began using this product. The downside is that your diaper area will be white due to the cream.

Most diaper rash creams will contain about 11% zinc oxide. Try them and see whether they work for you. 11% often is adequate for urinary incontinence. You should renew it mid-way through your day, after you wash. If you are bowel incontinent or cannot wash and change mid-way through your day, choose a barrier with a higher percentage of zinc oxide as it will form a barrier that will last longer.

Here are some other anti-rash tips. Wash thoroughly with water at mid-day. Skip the soap while you have an active rash as it may be drying and irritating to the skin. Pat but do not rub the rash area. At other changes at least use cleansing wipes.

Change your diaper (nappy) more frequently while you have a rash.

After at least one diaper (nappy) change, try to "air out" for 30 minutes or more. You may need to sit, without a diaper, on an absorbent pad during this time.

If you are wearing all plastic-backed diapers, you may wish to consider wearing at least one breathable diaper each day for more air circulation. If the rash continues you may need to change over to breathable diapers.

If you are using vinyl plastic pants, you may find it helpful to change to PUL pants (polyurethane laminate) which are waterproof but breathable.

If these methods to not cause the rash to clear up, you should see your physician.

Good luck,
--John

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:01 am 

Yes thanks John mum has used Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream for many years and I continue to use it now still works sometimes but not always I change myself every 4/5 hours. Thanks for the help

Nic

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:04 am 

nicbar1981 wrote:
Yes thanks John mum has used Sudocrem Antiseptic Healing Cream for many years and I continue to use it now still works sometimes but not always I change myself every 4/5 hours. Thanks for the help

Nic

Nic

The below was a great help for me.

http://www.incontinentsupport.org/chap6.php

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sat Aug 15, 2015 2:11 am 

Thanks Greenbank I have looked at that before very helpful

Nic

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:03 pm 

I always use lots of Sudocreme it does help with nappy rash.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:33 am 

Didn't you consult a doctor?? Have you tried any creams?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 2:27 pm 

I've used many creams and it has helped me, it was few years ago though and I don't what even really caused it. It wasn't the diaper for sure because I have checked on others, it just happened and then disappeared, so I didn't have much problem with it but from what I remember it was pretty much annoying back then :P You should buy some rash cream in your pharmacy and if it doesn't help, then go visit a doctor because on the long-run it may really be exhausting. Good luck with fixing that!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 27, 2017 11:28 am 

I'm having a similar case...lol
DorsalgiaHyperthymesiaPiercing

Last edited by Rockalbert on Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.