www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Using powder
PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:33 pm 

When I get diaper rash I like to use Johnson's baby powder with Aloe & Vitamine E.

Its also great to use all the time to help prevent rash.

You can it in the stores with the regular baby powder.

Post subject: Re: Using powder
PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 9:34 pm 

pugman wrote:
When I get diaper rash I like to use Johnson's baby powder with Aloe & Vitamine E.

Its also great to use all the time to help prevent rash.

You can it in the stores with the regular baby powder.

I prefer power with corn starch vs talcium powder also with aloe & vitamin E.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:37 am 
I use plain cornstarch I buy in the baking aisle of the grocery store for rash and prevention. It's cheap and works great.

Post subject: should I use powder
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 12:34 am 

I'm wondering if I should be using powder. Right now my skin has red dots, although it is not itchy or irritated. I think this is caused by sweating like a heat rash. Currently, I use no powder or creams.

Post subject: No Protection?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:30 am 

LtsofQues,
In your post, you said you use no creams or powders. Do you use anything? If you don't you're asking for trouble. I use a diaper rash ointment during the day with baby powder. At night, I use baby lotion with powder. Diaper rash ointments will ruin my plastic pants if I use them. The lotion is not near as harsh as the zinx oxide that most diaper rash ointments have.
But as a minimum, LtsofQues, use baby powder with every change! I don't know much yet how many diapers you use a day or what you use at night. If you're diapered every night going to bed, I would definatly use a diaper rash ointment. You're spending a long time in a wet diaper with no protection if you don't! .......Paul Martin

Post subject: Thanks Paul
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 4:55 pm 

No, I use nothing. I always don't have a flood because I'm a leaker mainly who can't hold very long. I guess that will have to change that. This is very embarrassing, but I don't know where appropriately to put the powder (maybe a female question). Can't you tell I have no children, it's my first time dealing with diapers!

Post subject: Powders and creams
PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:30 pm 

LtsofQues,
I'm not an expert on women's UTI's, but what might be your problem of ther UTI is by not using a cream or powder?? Probably not, but if you're getting some slight irratation or red spots, you're on the verge of a diaper rash. Just a shake of the powder at your crotch is all you need. The powder will help with the moisture. At night, I would use some cream with the powder. That's when you're going to be more suseptable to a rash(prolong exposure to a wet diaper). Apply the cream where you're getting the red spots along with the powder. Catch it early, because once the rash starts, it's itchy and painfull!! ......... Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 1:36 am 

As far me I always us J&J medicated corn starch powder at every change I apply it liberty front to back on the diaper before I but it on. I rarely have a diaper rash and almost never get UTI's ..............Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 9:36 pm 
Admin

I use Johnson's baby powder every night. I also apply it liberally in the front. I just squirt some down the back of the diaper though. My wife laughs cause when I get in bed, it kinda "poofs" like a cloud out the diaper. Its kinda funny. Guess I'm using too much. But I never get a diaper rash. I've been wearing for 3 years and have only had one rash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:59 am 

I use Johnson's cornstarch. A little goes a long way so I don't use much. Seldom do I get a rash or even a minor irritation. When I do I will use petroleum jelly or other lotions to help. I keep myself clean and let my diaper area air out on a daily basis. I can't say that I've ever suffered a nasty diaper rash. I broke out after shaving once which is why I do not shave down there.