www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 4:42 am 

Thanks BigTom and schoppy for creating this new forum. But the burning questions is, What happened to Beeter and the other forum? Is Beeter OK? Does he need contributions to keep the other website and forum alive, or is it already too late?

Post subject: Beeters Homepage
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 7:22 pm 
Admin

We have no idea whats up with Beeters homepage.
We havent heard anything from him.

I offered to combine his page with mine to save him the cost of hosting his homepage, but I never heard anything from him.

We hope he is ok.

Post subject: Beeter a character!
PostPosted: Fri Oct 22, 2004 5:55 am 

I wish to add my voice to others thanking Schoppy and Big Tom for carrying the torch and keeping the IRC concept alive with this new website and Forum.

I wish I could shed some light on the Beeter situation. I've known him only for about six years and he had me write a diaper primer and paired me with a female co-author which was great, since a female perspective of incon and wearing cloth diapers to manage it would provide excellent balance to what was essentially a male dominated site. But she went on to other things after only the first of some 15 chapters was written.

I developed a great friendship with a college professor in Canada who was very interested in the Primer then up on Beeter's site and he volunteered to edit the work, which it really needed. Beeter was really excited about all this but he has worked in "fits and starts" and that can be frustraiting. Needless to say, the Primer never got edited or updated.

It would not be fair to Beeter to disclose information that could be personal; I can't be sure what info is public and what may be private that he disclosed to me in personal e-mails. So let me just say Beeter is a character! I think of him as a go-go-go type A personality. I think he's a work-a-holic who bites off huge chunks and struggles to sort them out. I think managing the IRC site is a big job that was taking second place to other, bigger issues in Beeter's life.

Beeter deserves much credit for the IRC, a totally unique site! Those of you who have been on the internet for a number of years know there was nothing like the IRC. If you were incontinent, you had lots of medical based sites that discussed the problem and you had lots of diaper fetish sites that were, well, useless for real information on managing incontinence with diapers. Beeter brought legitimacy to a "diaper site" where folks could learn about and discuss diapers as a tool for managing incontinence and allowing incontinent folks to get back out in the big world, free of worries about leaks. His upbeat and often humerous approach to diapers got his site criticized as a DL or AB site, which it most certainly was not.

If I had to guess, and this is only a guess, I would think Beeter is wrapped up in personal issues and has to let the IRC go for the time being. It may even be that he could be relieved that Tom and Slosher are now carrying the load. We had great concerns that Beeter would be livid with the roll out of this new site but his carrying the link to this site from his site would seem to indicate otherwise.

I wish Beeter well, what ever the circumstances affecting him. He has played a huge role in helping incons for many years. It is my wish that he will continue and, like others, I pray that he is OK and some of us will eventually hear from him and pass on to all what is learned about the Beeter situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2004 1:36 am 

I'm pleased to have my name included in all this discussion, but really Slosher and I simply lent moral support to Schoppy who has done all the work. Naturally, we are all still very concerned as to exactly what has befallen Beeter. We certainly wish him well...

As for myself, between a belt of poor health including a hospital stay and a very demanding and struggling business... I have been unable to contribute much to either this new site or to even be on line chatting with any irregularity...

Hopefully this will change with the new year... Thanks to all for supporting Gary (Schoppy) in his efforts to provide quality information in a family atmosphere.

BigTom