www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 9:24 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Onesies
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:56 am 
I see people talk about onesie, but do adults really wear them other then adult baby fetish types. And if so way?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:53 am 
They snap under the diaper and completely conceal the diaper from showing if you were to bend over. You've had your underwear show on occasion, right? All of us have. Well, the onesie (also known as the concealer on some web sites) ensure that that doesn't happen with diapers. They also help support the diaper so that when it gets wet it doesn't drag down so much.

dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:28 am 
Yeah but don't they still look like a diaper shirt from the waist up?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 7:22 pm 
It depends on the onesie. Some of them are so poorly made, so flimsy and unstylish, that the actually attract attention! So, yes, you need to shop to find ones that have a nice shirt-looking appearance above the waist. But, they are really nice. I use mine often.

dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:15 am 

And where does one go to find a good onesie? How does one know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 12:54 pm 
Just look at the pictures, I guess. angelfluff has them (but I have one of those from years ago; pretty bad looking up top). Google it and what other places carry them.

Post subject: Onesie
PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:30 pm 
I wear one to work almost every day instead of a t-shirt. It does conceal the diaper outline but more importantly it helps keep the diaper close to the body. This reduces the diaper noise and lifts a wet diaper until it can be changed.

The two primary fabrics are cotton and blended cotton with nylon. The pure cotten shrinks more but stays whiter with washings.

The primary downside of wearing a onesie in the day-to-day world of work is re-snapping in a restroom after using a uninal. It takes some reaching around and may seem odd to others. After five years of wearing diapers to work, to retaurants and at airports, nobody has every said anything to me about the extra time and motions I was using at the urinal.

Search on adult diaper to find sites that sell onises for adults. Hope this information makes sense

Post subject: "Onsie" source
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:52 am 

I believe "Onsie" is a trademark for the infants garment. But it gets used, much like Coke, Kleenix for all such products. For us adults, it can be called one piece underwear or perhaps a body shirt.

The best can be had from Diane Seguin of Bear Bottom in Canada. The cut is excellent so the fit is proper. The crotch snaps are forward, not down in the crotch so access is much easier for snapping and unsnapping.

The material is a heavy weight tee shirt material that stands up to wear and tear. You can have a chest pocket (optional) so you can wear just the body shirt and shorts over your diaper and the shirt looks and feels exactly like a high quality tee shirt with the bonus that bending over will never cause a pull out that exposes your diaper in the rear waist.

The link is on our links page, of course, I promise you won't be disappointed in what Diane makes for you!

Post subject: Primer Chapter 11
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:57 am 

I failed to mention in my previous post that we touch on one piece underwear in Chapter 11-What to Wear. Scroll down to "Underwear" and you'll see our take on these.

Post subject: Onesies
PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:40 am 

It appears to me that this is part of the AB/DL crowd and related to the diaper fetishes..... I like to hear view points and thoughts from others on this forum.