www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 6:44 am 

"Letting go" ie: using your diapers at will really comes down to having confidence that your diapers are going to do what they are supposed to do. It is that fear that your diapers are inadaquite and you are going to expose to the "world" that you have wet or soiled yourself that seperates dwelling on using your diapers for their intended purpose and trying to run to/find a rest room. Once you know your diapers will do their job it is easier to "forget" you are wearing them and just use them. (although even the most confident among us still has a little of that fear in the back of their brain) It also makes a difference where we are. Your "giving in" starts at home and then streaches out slowly. You wear diapers because you need to wear them, it just takes a lot of time to accept that they are diapers, you are wearing them and using them and 1 plus 1 adds up to 2 so using them only isn't really out of line. Yes, we all, mostly, can't avoid that nagging little voice that tells us off and on that we are adults and this is just not right. People can say "Hey, i'm over that. if i have go i just go in my diapers and hardly think of it". I doubt I will ever not think of it, but having confidence in my diapers gives me the "strenght" or peace of mind, that let's me do it and continue with my day. Papa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 9:34 pm 

I think everyone that has been incon for a while had shared the same thoughts. I know I did, and like most, it took me time to get over it. I'm glad I did, it made things so much easier to just manage my incon issues with diaper changes and not to worry about whatever happen in between. No worrys, and more watching the time. Life is easiesr now. When your alreay incon, ........who cares if you use your diaper? How much of a difference did it make when you did your best to make it to the bathroom in time? Was it worth the worry and all the hassle of watching the clock? I think it's "normal" to have the thoughts that you've had, and I'm sure you will not be the last. Do whatever works best for you!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:41 pm 

johnstone wrote:
I think everyone that has been incon for a while had shared the same thoughts. I know I did, and like most, it took me time to get over it. I'm glad I did, it made things so much easier to just manage my incon issues with diaper changes and not to worry about whatever happen in between. No worrys, and more watching the time. Life is easiesr now. When your alreay incon, ........who cares if you use your diaper? How much of a difference did it make when you did your best to make it to the bathroom in time? Was it worth the worry and all the hassle of watching the clock? I think it's "normal" to have the thoughts that you've had, and I'm sure you will not be the last. Do whatever works best for you!

Hi Johnstone!

I've read that you use Nullo for odor control. Is that all you use or are you on any special diet also? I'm increasingly losing bowel control and need to start working on odor control as it can be sometimes better than an hour before I can change. I'm at peace with it (somewhat) but do not want to become offensive to others

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2011 9:18 pm 

I used Nullo for a long time, but one day when I went to re-order, the place that I usually made my purchase online was sold out but they suggested I try a product called Devrom. Story short, I was pleased with Devrom....plus it's a little cheaper so I've been using Devrom and Alfalfa. That combination seems to work very well for me, so I would recommend using either Nullo, of Devrom. I buy the Devrom from the manufacture website. I think the cost is about $11 per bottle, and you can save on the cost of shipping buy buyinh more bottles. I usuall buy 4, or 5 bottles at a time. There are 100 capsules per bottle. Just use as dierect but it will take about 3 wks for it to really take hold and work.

Let me know what you think after you use it for a month. Good luck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:59 am 

I did find Nullo yesterday at my local drug store prior to your reply and paid 27.00 for the large bottle so I guess I'll use those up first. I see you also use alfalfa? Does the combination make you odor free or will the Nullo take care of it on its own?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 7:31 am 

Nullo will take about two weeks to work properly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:48 am 

Thanks for the feedback! I'm looking forward to positive results & I'll keep you informed. I just ordered some Devrom also (3 bottles) because of price. I'm hoping that if I get on a regiment of these I won't have any more worries.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 2:21 pm 

I read some place that Alfalfa helps to reduce odor but I know take alone it does very little. I can't say that taking Alfalfa tables really did much, but I if not, they are a very cheap vitamin supplement so I take both Devrom and the Alfalfa. I've also read that Chlorofresh might also help so I have considered taking the Chlorofresh in lieu of the Alfalfa. I really don't think there is much, if any difference between the Nullo, and the Devrom other than price. Devrom seem to work just as good for me as the Nullo did at about half the price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:00 pm 

I tried Innermint for a while. Really didn't see (smell) much of a difference after a couple months so I stopped taking it. Urine odor control seems better since I began stripping my diapers in hot water every so often.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:06 pm 

I've read also to stay away from red meat along with some other things. I do like meat but have noticed that for some reason shortly after eating meat I can have problems too. So while giving that up is going to be hard I can see a lot more good coming from it. I'm not 100% sure why this is starting to happen as for the last couple of years it has only been bladder problems but now I just don't have much if any time to get to the bathroom without me being 1/2 done with a movement. And at that point it's really too late! And I'm not talking about a couple of minutes to get there it's less than a minute or so.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next