www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 9:10 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello everybody
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:47 pm 

I'm new here. I was told about this site by johnstone on a different website. I have been lurking for a few days and I like the information and participation on this forum.

A bit about me:

I have been dealing with bed wetting for a few years following back surgery on a severely herniated lumbar disc. Surgery took away most of the pain, but did little for the bed wetting. A few years later I re-herniated the same lumbar disc and the bed wetting got more frequent. Within six more months I herniated a couple more lumbar discs impinging on my L4-S1 root nerves. L5-S1 were affected on both sides. It took six more months before I a doctor decided I was actually in enough pain to do anything about it.

After several shots in the back and 4.5 hours of surgery I was on the road to recovery. After a couple of months I started having daytime accidents that were not very frequent. It only took two or three months and the accidents were very frequent. Several more visits my spine doctor, and many more tests, the she decided to tell me it was scar tissue causing the problems and she thinks surgery will cause more problems. More tests, multiple MRIs and a couple x-rays later my doctor let me know I have CES, and it isn't going to get any better.

I will continue to do what I need to enjoy life as I much as I can.

That is pretty much where I stand right now.

Cheers,

Doug

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:01 am 

welcome to the board.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:25 am 

Doug,
Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum. We are always looking for new members who would like to share your experience with incontinence. Pleas feel free to share your views and seek any answers to your questions. .......Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:36 pm 

Hi Doug and welcome.
As you read through the board you will see so many of us that are dealing with incontinence and have no choice. I know you will find some great wisdom, tips, and many useful post here. Like Paul said, feel free to share the good the bad and or anything else that you are comfortable with sharing. We are all always listening, looking, and learning from others on here.

Again Welcome to the group.
Kent

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 5:12 pm 

Welcome Doug. The people here have many combined years of dealing with and managing incontinence. They have helped me multiple times. I suffered a herniated disk and a severely buldging disk in an accident which in turn caused nerve damage to my bladder as well as parts of my legs. I believe there are a few others on this board who also became incontinent due to lower back issues.

Post subject: Welcome
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:53 am 

Welcome, Doug,
My heart goes out to you and all who suffer back problems, whether from injury or disease....the pain and sufferning can make life difficult enough without the extra inconvenience of incontinence.

You will find support here, for sure. And getting on with your life is important and you show that willingness to do so. Good for you!

JoeK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:59 pm 

Welcome to the forum.