www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 6:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2011 3:05 pm 
Admin

I'm being prescribed this med for overactive bladder. Has anyone used this med? Has anyone had any luck with it? I have tried other anticholinergenic meds such as Detrol, Enablex, Vessicare, Gelnique, and Imipramine. I did not have any luck with any of those meds. Some of them lessened the symptoms of my incontinence but all of them caused dry mouth, dry eyes, headaches, and constipation. I could not deal with these side effects. So I quit. I am taking this one last drug as it is supposed to have less of an effect on constipation as the others did. So I'm hoping it works. I do take fiber to supplement my diet in the hopes that will ward off the constipation. I also drink lots of water.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2011 10:01 pm 
Admin

Has anyone got any experience with this med? I'm going to pick it up from the pharmacy this week. All the side effects that I've already experienced by so many meds are listed as potential side effects of this medication. So I'm not happy about that. Constipation is the biggest one I'm worried about. That makes life so miserable. I've got it with every med so far. The doctor gave me miralax to help move things along if needs be. But I don't want to have to take that. It will make my bowel incontinence worse. So I don't know what to do?