www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 11:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:27 am 

For those of you who have followed my posts, you know about me being a college student, and from the name, you probably guessed i study sociology. Well, today i give my final presentation on my senior thesis..and then i graduate. with honors no less, on Saturday, May 1.

I should point out that im not graduating with university academic honors, but rather im graduating as a member of a national sociology honor society.

The fact that i said i would give the doctors until i graduate college to figure out my incontinence and that here it is mere days away, and i am dry.will make my commencement even more remarkable and memorable. The year long struggle taught me many vauable lessons of patience, pain tolerance, and learning to enjoy what i have, not taking anything for granted. So, i've learned something from being incontinent to the same degree some of you experience for the rest of your life. While it never got so bad as complete and utter lack of control, it did get close... and im GLAD its over, but grateful for what i learned from the expereince.

Where do i go from here? I don't know...i applied to be a camp counselor at a special needs camp. The director seemed impressed with my interview nd application, so im fairly confident I will get the job, but not 100% absolutley certian.

peace out!
Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject: Graduation
PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2010 11:23 am 

Rob--

Congratulations! With the challenges you have shared with us, along with the medical trials and tribulations of the last couple years, your accomplishment represents tremendous perseverence and fortitude.

I hope this milestone leads you toward a rewarding career; you have much to share with others due to your experience overcoming obstacles.

Gimwet

Post subject: Good for you!
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 6:17 am 

Let me add my Congratulations! I did, indeed, follow your trials and tribulations with incon and dealing with diapers while trying to sort out the incon....just why was it happening. The illusiveness of a cause was a source of agonizing for you....even to the point of announcing that you were considering giving up and accepting diapers for underwear for the long term.

Good for you for persisting and finding a solution and success with restored continence; you are a great example of just why people need to pursue all the avenues and not give up....diapers are always going to be there.....IF you find you really need them; just don't give in and assume that diapers are going to be your underwear for ever!

Congratulations on your sucessful completion of Sociology studies and your possible up coming job! As young as you are, you have already racked up some serious experience along this path we call "life".

JoeK

Post subject: Update..i got the job
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:37 pm 

Well, i did get a job at the camp, i start thursday. They didnt offer me a full counselor positon, rather, a roving(backup/relief counselor), alongside dishroom duties. I'm extremely happy..couldnt ask for more.

Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II