www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:45 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Hello from the UK
PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:44 am 

Hi, I am a 60 year old woman who occasionally leaks a drop or two of urine. I had a bladder infection two weeks ago and that made the matter worse. The antibiotics have helped, but psychologically it has left me traumatised! I know people who have much worse bladder problems than myself will wonder what I am on about, especially as at night I can often go up to nine hours without going to the loo! I think the idea that I might wet myself is worse than actually doing it. Of course I wear a pad, just in case, and usually it isn't even damp, but I get depressed when it is! Please can you make me feel better about this problem? Tell me I am being silly, don't be too sympathetic! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:01 am 

Welcome to the forum. The only advice I can offer is don't let this minor issue get you down. Make sure you see your doctor and try all the remedies they lay out for you. If that doesn't help, throw on a diaper and live your life.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 4:14 am 

FarDistance wrote:
Welcome to the forum. The only advice I can offer is don't let this minor issue get you down. Make sure you see your doctor and try all the remedies they lay out for you. If that doesn't help, throw on a diaper and live your life.

It is far from minor to me, even though it is in actuality, anyway I take your point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:26 pm 

I hear you. People deal with stuff in many different ways. I guess my main point was to not let this problem control your life. I would die of embarrassment if I had a noticeable leak in public but the thought of that still won't keep me cooped up in the house.

Take it from me, I use really thick disposables and not once has anyone noticed that I am wearing anything. They are too wrapped up in their own lives to worry about what is happening in yours.