www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: catch 22?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 3:09 am 

Its been a while since i was on, but figured i would pop up and ask some of you some questions and advice.

I have found my self in a catch 22 and i dont know what i can do about it,

let me explain, hopefully the best i can, I am pretty much self employed, and make an ok amount of money, it pays my bills, food and a few other expenses and my supplies but i dont exactly have enough to go to a dr regularly not that i really like dr's as it is, but here is my delima

I dont think I'm going to be able to keep going on like I have been much longer, and while I have enough wrong that I am sure I could get disability, I dont think I have enough dr supported paperwork, and thus because i dont have enough fundage or insurance I cant go see dr's

The diagnostics and papers i have are mostly from er's and a couple referals to neuro surgeons which i never went to because i dont want to have them operate on my back, on the chance I may become more messed up then what i am. So I dunno what I can do,
I think my pain is getting to the point that i should start seeing dr's more but what can i do?

What can you do to get the disability ball rolling, when you dont have the cash to pay drs for multiple diagnosis's and recomendations to support that you are indeed very hurt? :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:27 am 

CSW,

The situation you've described is not very good. However, there is some degree of hope here. I'm not sure what state you live in but check with your state (Department of Economic Security) for any health programs you may qualify for. In Arizona, there are a few programs that are not managed by the fed, or state. You might be very suprised at what you find out. In Arizona, there is a health program for just what you have desribed. All fees, including meds are on a sliding scale based upon cost and your afforability. Thus, the less income you have the lower the cost will be.

There are many in this forum that have incontinence issues as well as back problems so your not alone in this forum with those problems. I'm no doc, but you may not need as much documention as think you need depending on what kind of back issues you have. Besides, Social Security will probably want you to see one of their "approved" doc's anyway so they can have an independent eval.

Hope this helps.

John