www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: keeping shirts tucked in
PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:59 am 

I came up with a novel way of keeping my shirt tucked in. (At least thin shirts anyway) I came up with the idea of using a sheet holder that goes on the corner of the sheet and holds to the sheet with two clips on an elastic strap. I clip one end to the middle of the back of the shirt, pull it under the middle of my crotch and clip it to the middle of the front of my shirt. I made sure to use a sheet holder that had plastic clips, I thought metal clips may be to hard and may poke a hole in a covering. There seemed to be three downsides to the sheet suspender. 1) Rather difficult to clip onto a regular weight Tee shirt, if you have problems with your fingers I don't think that someone could clip them on at all. 2)The sheet holder tended to walk to one side as I moved, it would not stay centered. This wasn't a real problem, just an annoyance at first to have the elastic band work over against my leg. That may bother some people. I gave up trying to move the strap to the center and just ignored it after a while. Maybe two of these sewn together in an X pattern (or maybe a Y?) would stop that. 3)If it was clipped facing back wards, the bump on the clip rubbed my leg when the strap moved and added to the annoyance. But when the clip was turned around, no more problem.
There was no problem with the length of the strap, it barely touched me while standing. And the strap held my shirt in my pants with no problem. Later when it was time to change I had forgotten about the strap and tried to pull my shirt up and of course I couldn't because I didn't unhook the strap. lol
Of course, your mileage may vary...
Scott

PostPosted: Sat Jun 27, 2009 6:44 pm 

Might I suggest wearing a onsie instead? You know those diaper t-shirts that snap in the crotch?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:19 am 

Why don't Depends or any other brand make the top two inches a dark colour like blue or black, just not white. No one would notice your diaper if it wasn't white.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:52 am 

[quote="JRB"]Might I suggest wearing a onsie instead? You know those diaper t-shirts that snap in the crotch?[/quote]
Yes you may, but the reason I thought of this was:

1)I don't have any onsies.
2)In this economy I don't have any spare money to buy onsies.
C)The sheet straps seem to work ok with any light weight shirt.
4) I had sheet straps at the house.

Neccesity is still the mother of invention... :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:04 am 

Hi Stephen,
Good point about a dark top to a diaper so it looks like underwear, but cost comes into the picture. That would be another manufacturing step.

Pull on diapers...called "underwear" and all the major players are making them now, want to look like, be like, and feel like regular underwear. Tenna took the step you are asking for and offers the Tenna for Men in a pull on diaper with a dark waist band and pin striping.....interesting!

Perhaps others will follow....but I'm thinking pull ons, not tape-on diapers; I doubt we'll ever see tape-on diapers with dark "waist bands" for stealth, we will have to continue to be careful with clothing to conceal the diaper.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:13 am 

Hi ScottK,
Thank you for the clarification posting! I would have jumped right in and said to get a onzie.....just as JRB did, it would be a obvious response!

You are right about necessity being the mother of invention....that's for sure!

Post subject: Concealing diapers
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:22 am 

Concealment of diapers by keeping the shirt tucked in, or wearing a onsie has been discussed on this and other forums. Buying long tail tee shirts helps, as does chosing a cloth-like backed disposable.....even if you don't especially like cloth-like backed disposables.

If you can only tolerate plastic backed disposables, only a onsie is going to be really dependable but poses problems for folks with limited dexterity and may not be able to fasten the snaps "down under".

I think a different aspect to concealing diapers comes in with warmer weather and men who like to go shirtless, as when mowing the lawn or what ever. Now it's real challenge to keep the diaper from showing above the shorts or jeans waistband when you are topless.

Boxer shorts will help, as they can cover the diaper and only the boxer waistband should show above the shorts. But plastic backed diapers are slippery and the boxer waistband could slide down, allowing the white plastic diaper to peek out above the boxer waistband. For that, I suggest those who want to go shirtless, have to wear a cloth-like backed diaper. Boxer shorts should now stay up with the cling afforded by the cloth-like backing and keep your diaper secret as you mow the lawn shirtless in shorts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:37 am 

I guess it all depends what you like to wear. I live in Arizona and for most of the year, I like to wear a polo style shirt that hangs down some on the outside of my pants. I've never had any problems with my diaper showing wearing this style of shirt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:37 pm 

I used to keep my shirt-tail tucked in all the time... but eventually I got to a point where I want to be comfortable, dammit, so I started leaving my shrits untucked. I haven't had any problems with people noticing anything. I mean seriously, I'm not a cheerleader... people don't automaticly stare at my ass when I bend over.

Post subject: sometimes that is ok
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:06 am 

Sometimes that is ok and I understand. Recently I have had some construction work being done to my house and would have rather had my shirt tucked in than hanging loose. As one way to keep a shirt tucked in the sheet straps worked ok. Not ideal, but ok... And who knows, it may be a useful idea for someone else.