www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 12:29 am 

Has anybody used them? If so how about a blurb as to how they are. The price is fantastic and if there any good I will definitely try some.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:38 am 

Hi Boomer,

The diapers are new to CTDC so I expect it will take some time for folks to get around to buying them and trying them.

Robert, owner of the company, is committed to quality so I believe the diapers will be good quality and a bargain right now as he is trying to stimulate sales of the new product(s).

One type is the Edley Enterprises diaper, I believe. The other is imported, possibly from Canada....I don't recall at the moment.

He has stated there is a lot of shrinkage on one of the new diaper styles so that's something to keep in mind when ordering. He's good at answering e-mail if you want to "talk" about the new diapers and which shrink more than usually expected and so on. Use the contact link on the site and I think you'll hear back in a few days at the most.

Post subject: Canging times
PostPosted: Wed Jun 24, 2009 9:30 am 

Thanks joek, the price is ridiculously low so I'm going to order a few and if they shrink too much I can use them as a filler.

Post subject: New diapers from CTDC
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:52 am 

Good for you to be the first to give them a try! Now we all will look forward to your results, Boomer, thanks!

As I understand it, the Edley style do not have the shrinkage problem, it is the other imports that he says shrink up to 8 inches after washing....which is a lot! Not sure if it's both directions or what.

Post subject: changing times
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:01 am 

I ordered two of them and should have them friday and I'll let you know this week end.

Post subject: evaluation
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:26 am 

I received the two samples from changing time yesterday. My waist size is 40" and my weight is 170 lbs so I ordered the extra large size.

The cost for two of them was $54.00 delivered,that works out to about $25.00 per diaper.

First they are well made with good stitching on the edges. The material is very much like the gauze prefolds from adult cloth diaper company. The thickness is about average for this type of diaper. They say they are a 4-10- 4 layering but the center panel doesn't seem to be that thick in comparison the the sides.

The size unwashed was 42X39 and after one laundering they shrunk down to 36X34, thats a lot of shrinkage but there web site says to expect that and they were right.

The extra large fits perfectly right now so we'll see if they shrink any more
( I hope not).

I used both of them as a doubled night diaper last night and they have good absorbency and I really put out at night and they handled it just fine.

I have only one negative thing about them, they are VERY HARD TO PIN.
It was like trying to pin through a piece of heavy leather. I have no idea why this is and maybe it will get easier after they have been laundered a few times but for right now it is a real struggle to pin them.

I am going to try a few more laundering cycles to see if they stabilize size wise and if the pinning gets any easier before I purchase any more.

[/code]

Post subject: Pinning Cloth Diapers
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:43 am 

I also find it very difficult to pin my flannel diapers. Two suggestions:

1) Sharpen your pins with a fine metal file. This helped with my diapers, but has the disadvantage of drawing more blood when you stick yourself.

2) Rub your pins on a bar of soap, which was suggested by someone else, and also helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:12 am 

I've gone back to using cloth diapers at night because I needed more absorbence but the pins are a hassle. I'm still looking for a good quality cloth diapers with velcro so maybe this new cloth diaper from Changing Times diaper company will offer this new cloth diaper they have with velcro soon at a reasonable price. :)

Post subject: pins
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:56 pm 

I have been pinning my diapers for sixty two years and I know all the tricks so believe me these changing times prefolds are a real bugger to pin and I hope they get better with more laundering.

Post subject: Snappies instead of pins
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:24 am 

Thanks, Boomer, for the great review of the new prefold diaper from CTDC. I especially appreciate the detail on shrinkage, that is very helpful!

I've always pinned my cloth diapers and recall pinning flannel and agree with Falcon310 that it's difficult. Birdseye and gauze are (usually) a breeze in comparison.

But, there is an alternative to pins and Velcro; these things call Snappies. Don't laugh, they do work. They are little rubber bungee cords which hook into the diaper fabric and tension holds your diaper on.

They are for infant diapers and are T shaped and don't work for us they way they are intended to work for infants. I cut off the stem of the T and use the resulting bungee with a hook on each end, to fasten my diapers. I use two per side, the same as diaper pins.

They've been great for night diapers, I will admit I've not tried them for day time but I do think they'd be fine for daytime. Mine are many months old now, standing up just fine-no loss of stretch and get used nightly.