www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:41 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Washing Nappies
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:09 am 

I haven't posted much, here, but I have a problem, and I wonder if anyone can help. I use terry-cloth nappies (diapers) for my inco, as we do in the UK. I wear them for wetting, only. (Thank goodness!) I live on a Caravan Park when I'm working in the UK, (my home is in Spain), and the owner of the Park has recently had to change his insurance company.......with ensuing difficulties, which has resulted in a situation where I have been denied the use of the washing machine and tumble dryer for complex "insurance" reasons.....
I am now faced with hand-washing my nappies, and this isn't going so well, because I end-up with very not-soft nappies. Okay, maybe I should have learned from my Mother just how to wash terry nappies by hand........but I didn't, because I was the last child.

Has anyone a solution for hand-washing, and line-drying of nappies, so that they end-up soft and fluffy? Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 1:09 pm 

I hand washed diapers when my washing machine died. I didn't have to do this for long as I replaced my washer fairly soon after the old one died. At the time I hung the hand washed diapers to dry in my basement as they were too-wet to throw in the dryer (I was not able to wring out nearly as much water as the spin cycle does so I hung them to dry). They dried OK but were stiff and rough to the touch. I threw them in the dryer for 10 minutes which made them softer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 6:43 pm 

I was unaware that anyone could legally deny you the use of laundry facilities... especially if they are part of the treatment regime for a medical condition. I hate to say it... but maybe you should seek legal advice, depending on how long you are going to stay around there.