Post any comments, remarks, ideas, observations, experiences, concerns or questions here.
Post a reply

Attends

Sat May 18, 2024 2:43 pm

The only thing my insurance will cover is attends and those are crap. Guess I am never leaving the house. I hate this so damn much.

Re: Attends

Sat May 18, 2024 5:32 pm

I regretted reading of the limitations imposed by your insurance carrier. Do you have access to any other resources that might supplement the cost of more effective protection? Are there any charities or local home health organizations that could assist you? As with other incontinents, my experiments have included brands that failed; that taught me what works and what does not. An inferior product can be exasperating, even when that failure teaches you what to avoid.

Sat May 18, 2024 11:34 pm

Thanks Patrick.
Unfortunately I am all alone in this. I have checked every local org and have come up with nothing. These are supposed to be the heaviest they offer but I don't know. I have had leaks and issues with every breathable diaper I have tried. Even premium ones. My expectations are low. I am going to try to get booster pads and I just got some diaper covers (I need to get more but its a start) to hopefully make these things work.

I'm trying.

Sun May 19, 2024 8:31 am

justej wrote:Thanks Patrick.
Unfortunately I am all alone in this. I have checked every local org and have come up with nothing. These are supposed to be the heaviest they offer but I don't know. I have had leaks and issues with every breathable diaper I have tried. Even premium ones. My expectations are low. I am going to try to get booster pads and I just got some diaper covers (I need to get more but its a start) to hopefully make these things work.

I'm trying.

Have you ever written to the better diaper companies to offer your services to test new products or appeal to their better nature.

Sun May 19, 2024 8:55 am

greenbank wrote:Have you ever written to the better diaper companies to offer your services to test new products or appeal to their better nature.

Diaper manufacturers don't by and large trade with actual incontinent people but with institutional buyers and insurers. This has been the case for decades. They know that actual users and carers are often dissatisfied with the products but buyers are only interested in the bottom line and manufacturers compete for their trade, not ours.

Wed May 22, 2024 7:09 pm

These are absolutely NOT going to work. Baby diapers are thicker than these! I broke down crying. Ive been fighting for months. For nothing. I cant do this anymore
Post a reply