www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:28 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:34 am 

BetterDry is my daily go-to diaper and for nights as well. Currently there is a nation-wide shortage of BetterDry in its most popular size - Large. Unfortunately, I wear size Large.

BetterDry is the plain white version of a line of diapers produced by Thrust Vector in Germany. The other diapers are all printed. They make the same diaper in plain white and five printed versions under the Crinklz brand name. The current shortage is expected to last through March and possibly into April.

LL Medico, my source for BetterDry diapers, carries the plain white diaper and all five Crinklz (printed) versions. Unfortunately, four of the five versions of Crinklz already are out of stock in size Large. I am not AB/DL but have purchased three cases of Crinklz. After all, no one but my wife will see the printed diaper. After I purchased each of several cases I saw the remaining stock of Crinklz dwindle on LL Medico. I suspect that other uses of BetterDry were doing the same as I and purchasing the printed diapers.

So, if you wear BetterDry in size Large you have an option to purchase Crinklz but I would do so quickly.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 9:30 pm 

Hey John!

Thanks for the heads up. I just ordered 2 cases of the orgional Crinklz. Like you, I am not AB/DL, but I don't mind prints if the diaper has a practical purpose. I've bought abdl diapers that have a REASONABLE price point. Such as ABU Preschool. Some are just too ridiculously priced to be worth it. I wanted to get Crinklz Astronaut, but they were out of stock in large. Alas. I suppose its further incentive to get skinny, and drop a diaper size eh?

Do you know why there is a nationwide shortage of BetterDry? Did you read a press release from Thrust Vector? How did you come to know of this? Thanks!

I did notice that Better Dry Large was out of stock on both XP Medical and LL Medico. I was considering buying another case or two of Seni Quatro. I did order a case of L1 and L3 of Abena delta form for use at work since they want me to immediately remove any wet cloth diaper from the store and take it to to my car after each change, so it might be easier to just use disposables at work. Time will tell.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2024 8:43 am 

Someone else asked Thrust Vector about the problem and posted their reply in another forum. I don't recall the reason for the delay.

If anyone else finds out more, please post it here.

My current supply should be adequate to last me through April before I have to delve into my emergency backup stock (good for another two weeks). At that point I guess I will have to go back to NorthShore Care Supreme which is a good diaper but more expensive.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 1:36 pm 

LL Medico is out of size Large in BetterDry and in four of the five prints of Crinklz. The only version they have left is the original Crinklz print with the Tiger.

I just checked my stock and found I have enough for 40 days plus about two weeks of my emergency backup diapers. I am hopeful that the supply chain issues will be resolved by then.

How are other sources doing?

--John

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2024 3:24 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
BetterDry is my daily go-to diaper and for nights as well. Currently there is a nation-wide shortage of BetterDry in its most popular size - Large. Unfortunately, I wear size Large.

BetterDry is the plain white version of a line of diapers produced by Thrust Vector in Germany. The other diapers are all printed. They make the same diaper in plain white and five printed versions under the Crinklz brand name. The current shortage is expected to last through March and possibly into April.

LL Medico, my source for BetterDry diapers, carries the plain white diaper and all five Crinklz (printed) versions. Unfortunately, four of the five versions of Crinklz already are out of stock in size Large. I am not AB/DL but have purchased three cases of Crinklz. After all, no one but my wife will see the printed diaper. After I purchased each of several cases I saw the remaining stock of Crinklz dwindle on LL Medico. I suspect that other uses of BetterDry were doing the same as I and purchasing the printed diapers.

So, if you wear BetterDry in size Large you have an option to purchase Crinklz but I would do so quickly.

--John

I wear better dry exclusively as well. They had a shortage on mediums about 3 months ago and I had to stock up!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 8:23 am 

The shortage continues. As of yesterday LL Medico was out of BetterDry and also out of Crinklz in size Large in four of five print styles.

I did an inventory and have about 40 days in my stash, plus another two weeks in my emergency stock. Hopefully by then we will see the supply chain begin to function normally.

What about other sources for Better Dry or Crinklz? Are you seeing any stockage in size Large?

--John

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2024 9:10 am 

Hey John!

I reached out to LL Medico, and they told me they hope to have Better Dry in size Large by the end of the month. Have you looked into Beyond XP5000? That is a brief similar to Better Dry. Like you and others, I am a fan of Better Dry. Norrthshore has Crinklz stocked in size Large in prints, but not Better Dry.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 8:10 am 

Geek, that is good news about Better Dry.

Thanks for the recommendation about XP5000. I have tried XP5000 and it is a good diaper. I think it has better wicking than most as it seems to have fluff pulp and not just SAP. Unfortunately I seem to be between size L and XL.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2024 9:34 am 

Being between sizes is always a crap sandwich. You feel as if things weren't made specifically for you. What is your waist size? I'm at a 47, despite my best efforts to slim down. The battle of the bugle rages on :lol: You would think I'd burn calories enough to slim down pushing carts, but then I get eating what I need to have energy to do that job, and I gain some of it right back.
By the way, LL Medico DOES have a Better Dry Day. Its a lesser tier diaper, but still has a decent absorbency. ...aaand I just looked while typing this, and they are are also out of stock in size large. GRRR. I was hoping to get more of these. Welp, I have Abena Delta form, and cloth, and Crinklz.

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2024 12:56 am 

LL Medico is now out of large in BetterDry, BetterDry Day and all of the printed versions of the BetterDry. I spoke with them earlier today. Their best guess was that they would receive new stock sometime in March. NorthShore's website shows the Crinklz (printed version of BetterDry) as being in stock. Of course there is a catch. NorthShore's price is approximate 36% higher.