www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: relief
PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2024 11:29 am 

Painful colon, rectal, and bladder spasms interrupted my sleep perhaps six to eight times last night. Although I get these spasms 24/7, usually they are momentary, allowing me to get on with the business of living. My heavy night time diaper and urethane outer pants did their work, facilitating cleanup this morning. Which makes me grateful that capacious diapers and waterproof pants are available for us adults who need them. No, I am not AB/DL; however, I am grateful that I do not have to spend a night changing my bedding, washing and sitting on a toilet when I ought to be sleeping.

Post subject: Re: relief
PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:24 am 

Patrick, that is good news and I can relate what you are experiencing although my symptoms are not so intense as yours.

I am both a bedwetter and incontinent. Some years ago, I gave up on even trying to get up in the middle of the night and go to the bathroom and change my diaper. If I had done that three time a night I would not have been able to get back to sleep. I discussed this with my urologist and he agreed that the higher priority was a good night's sleep.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Feb 08, 2024 8:31 am 

Patrick wrote:
Painful colon, rectal, and bladder spasms interrupted my sleep perhaps six to eight times last night. Although I get these spasms 24/7, usually they are momentary, allowing me to get on with the business of living. My heavy night time diaper and urethane outer pants did their work, facilitating cleanup this morning. Which makes me grateful ...

I'm sorry that you have to go through all that Patrick.

I think the time I was most grateful was when I was at a remote cabin up north where it gets cold at night and is very dark on an isolated island. Rather than leave the cabin at night in the dark and grope my way to the outhouse, I could remain in my sleeping bag and let it flow. The younger fellas there were not afflicted in this way. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:53 pm 

Thanks for your expressions of concern.

For me, incontinence is more of an exasperation than a potentially lethal concern. I do have medical issues that are potentially lethal; however, discussing them here would be inappropriate.