www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:13 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Bedwetting in late 20s?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 4:22 pm 

Hi Everyone, new member here!

Unfortunately, I am not new to bedwetting though. It feels as though its a lonely place to be in young adult life, so I'm finally reaching out to others on forums...

I've been wetting the bed on and off for a number of years, since my late teens, with no idea why. (I'm late 20's now)
I will have a few months of being fine, and then the wet nights return with a vengeance for a week or two.
Now the wet nights are getting more frequent, and the time in-between is getting shorter. I am losing hope of this problem going away.
I have another docs appointment scheduled soon, the first in quite awhile, and tips or things I should be aware of walking into the appointment?

Thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:00 pm 

I am unqualified to give you medical advice. However, I can recommend that you begin wearing protection every night, whether you awaken dry or not. Perhaps your doctor will solve this problem, with medicine or physical therapy. Still, over time, wet beds begin to ooze an unpleasant odor, which makes protection, even if used only sporadically, important. Good luck and report back when you can.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2023 12:47 am 

That's rotten for you, sorry to hear that. Fortunately for me--but unfortunately for you--that's not a problem I have to deal with.

Good luck at your appointment. Please come back post about how it went and how your doctor is going to proceed, that could be a big help for the next person who has problems like yours. It's pretty common and that could be useful information for the next person like you.

I remember waking up in my mid-to-late 20s to discover I had suffered a fecal accident in my bed at night. It was awful (oil or mucus usually). I remember being in student housing trying to get the stain out of my sheets in the shared laundry room and realizing the horror that someone else had been in the room sitting on the laundry folding table behind me the whole time watching me.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 12:41 pm 

Hi Pilgrim,
Welcome to our little corner of the interwebs. You will find much wisdom in this group, so feel free to post & read as much as you feel comfortable with. Also, there is a sub-reddit on incontinence that I spend time in, and you will find many who are your age and younger. You may want to look at that, as its open to all for viewing. Then you can decide for yourself if the attitude is safe enough for you.
Cheers,
Tom

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2023 2:14 pm 

Pilgrimontheway wrote:
Hi Everyone, new member here!

Unfortunately, I am not new to bedwetting though. It feels as though its a lonely place to be in young adult life, so I'm finally reaching out to others on forums...

I've been wetting the bed on and off for a number of years, since my late teens, with no idea why. (I'm late 20's now)
I will have a few months of being fine, and then the wet nights return with a vengeance for a week or two.
Now the wet nights are getting more frequent, and the time in-between is getting shorter. I am losing hope of this problem going away.
I have another docs appointment scheduled soon, the first in quite awhile, and tips or things I should be aware of walking into the appointment?

Thanks!

I would take a deep look into your bowel habits. Most of my doctors blame my issue on constipation. They are still looking into the root cause but a lot of bedwetting at early ages is blamed on constipation.
Not to scare you more but my doctors feel like my constipation did nerve damage thus making it impossible to tell when I have to go. That led to a lot of physical therapy, that did nothing to help. Now, a lot of surgeries that all suck. Diapers suck but they are far better than wet and messy pants for me.

As far as being lonely... Get out there. Make friends, find someone, anyone to talk to in real life. Anyone who truly loves you will not care, and if they care they they truly do not love you. (I know it's hard and I was there for quite a while as well but it gets better when you are open with people and just accept that some people will leave you because they don't understand... But those people do not matter even if they are family... Trust me on that)

Hope you get the help you need.

Develop from the negatives
Take another shot!