www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:54 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2023 11:31 pm 

Hi all!

Well, I have good news. If there was any doubt that my weight loss efforts were succeding, they have been put to rest. at last measure my hips are at 42 inches and my waist is at 45. I just put on an Ecoable fitted diaper with a prefold and insert. No matter where i positioned the diaper lying down in terms of my waist, whether it be higher on the back, or in the middle, or lower on the back but higher through the legs into teh crotch, when I brought up the sides to fasten the snaps, they almost reached the middle of the diaper. When I first bougth them, they were near the middle, of my thighh, almost to the edge of the snap range. So, progress is definetly being made. As to whether I go down to a size medium in all products, cloth and disposable that remains to be seen, because with the fitted diaper, going down to a medium might also affect the rise. The rise might not be tall enough for me even though it would fit my hips/waist. I wonder if the same is true for disppsables. I definitely notice changes in the way a large disposable fits on my body now vs 2 or 3 months ago. It used to be the tabs would rest on the middle of the hip right above my thigh. Now, they are even closer toward the middle of the diaper. Exciting times. I would be tickeld pink to lose the weight, go down a size and donate the unusable products to anyone in need.

Does anyone else make weight loss progress and notice differences in the way your protection fits? Did this cause leaks or gaps? How did you cope?

Peace out!

Rob

So far no leaks have ensued, but I am keeping a close eye on that since if a product is too big it can definetly cause leaks.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 7:15 am 

Good for you, Rob.

As I have stayed with my same go-to daily diaper, BetterDry, where the tapes attach has been a very good indicator of any changes in weight. My diaper and my belt give me a "no nonsense" record of any weight gain or loss. Fortunately, I have been losing weight, although very slowly. :)

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 9:55 am 

For as long as I can remember, even back into childhood and adolescence, medical professionals have worked to make me gain weight. I have always been a skinny runt, and only recently has my weight begun increasing. Because I wear washables, weight changes are accommodated simply by changing the pins locations. Being underweight has been a source of envy for some of my friends and acquaintances; however, the weight gain regimens have been anything but positive. I would not wish the dietary supplements I was forced to consume on a sworn enemy.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 5:23 am 

Patrick wrote:
For as long as I can remember, even back into childhood and adolescence, medical professionals have worked to make me gain weight. I have always been a skinny runt, and only recently has my weight begun increasing. Because I wear washables, weight changes are accommodated simply by changing the pins locations. Being underweight has been a source of envy for some of my friends and acquaintances; however, the weight gain regimens have been anything but positive. I would not wish the dietary supplements I was forced to consume on a sworn enemy.

Believe it or not, I was a skinny runt too growing up. I was so bony you could see my ribs. If you looked closely you could see my heart beating in high school. I didnt actually gain any appreciable weight until I started workig at McDonald's. There I went from a 36 to a 38 to a 42 rather rapidly.
After I recovered from depression and was put on antidepressants, my weight ballooned. Before I knew it i was averaging between 250 and 260 on a scale. Just by quitting drinking, i lost at least 10 LBS. To me, the number on the scale matters less than getting rid of the spare tire that is my gut. I am making progress slowly but surely. In additon to my diapers being roomier on size large, the Number on the scale now reads 236. If I lose 2 lbs a week, i should be down to my short term goal weight of 230 lbs by the end of July.

Peace out!

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 10:08 am 

Good luck on your effort to lose weight gradually.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 12:37 pm 

Well the mediums arrived for Better Dry, and I'm looking at it and im like huh? this is a medium? no way this will fit. This looks like a small or youth sized diaper. I put it on, and couldnt even get the tabs fastened. That answers that question.. I have more work to do, I may get to a point where I'm in between sizes, and then the only solution is cloth.

So, looks like me fitting into a medium is wishful thinking for now :) Just a goal to work toard. But even if I lose teh weight, I don' know if the rise will be tall enough..

Peace out!

Rob