www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:51 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 12:51 am 

Greetings. I posted this question in another forum but I think I gave too much information and overwhelmed everyone.

I am looking for a tab-type diaper product with good front-and-back waistbands. If I could have everything I wanted, it would be a thinner product (I primarily need containment, not absorption) and would be quite or have a cloth-like cover. This is for occasional use, when things are bad.

Any suggestions?

If Depend still made their old tabbed brief product, that is what I would be looking for (although again I would prefer a cloth-like cover).

Last edited by desertrat on Tue May 02, 2023 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 6:37 am 

Try the NorthShore AirPremium diapers from NorthShore Care. They are breathable diapers with a cloth-like backing.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:30 am 

I use the Seni Super Plus, which costs less than the Northshore Care products.

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2023 9:42 am 

Another vote for Seni, good waist band, like all cloth backed they can stretch over time so you may need to tighten the tapes eventually. They are well made and a good value.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 12:32 am 

for your needs the seni fits the bill dead on.

PostPosted: Tue May 02, 2023 11:03 pm 

Thanks all, I am going to see if I can find a smaller package at a local medical shop, or I can order one online

When I used to use the Depend brief-type products at night, I used to wear jocky-short underwear over it to deaden the noise but a quiet cover saves me a step.

I'm going to try the Seni in any case.

You mention the cloth-like cover may stretch out. Is there another product you would recommend more if I removed my desire for a "cloth" cover? I only wanted the cloth to keep the noise down at night.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2023 11:45 pm 

I use the Seni Super Plus as well, and the Seni Super Quatro.

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2023 4:20 pm 

Thank you everyone for your input!

I did try the Seni Super Plus; found someone who would sell me a bag rather than a case.

Sadly, they didn't work out for me, despite being a quality product.

They are totally silent, even under pajamas, and I think if I had bad urinary incontinence they would be a good product for night use, but I would have to wear something over them (like cloth underwear) to keep them in place. If I am going to wear something over it anyway, I can use a plastic-backed product with a better waistband. Sadly, the waistband on these gets stretched out very quickly and I have to shimmy out of them, which is challenging when you are out of bed at 3AM needing to both urinate and defecate before you have an accident.

Even though they didn't work out for me, I appreciate everyone's input.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2023 12:48 pm 

You might try Incontrol Active Air. These are a breathable tabbed diaper. They are not to thick in my opinion but they have great absorbency and tall leak guards. These are what I wear during the daytime mostly over pull-ups as they stay in place and have better absorbency and stay fairly cool. You can get samples direct from them at https://incontroldiapers.com/incontrol- ... ce-briefs/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2023 12:49 pm 

Thanks for the reply. I will keep those in mind for future use. I am probably moving to a different medication now, and in the meantime I am now confident that I can manage with the high-end pull-up products.