www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Confidry is no more
PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2023 9:53 pm 

Just got an email from LL medico that dry care is going out of business and confidry 24/7 is no more. I had just started using them again but this month switched back to northshorr supremes. Glad I did!

Post subject: Re: Confidry is no more
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:02 am 

That is a shame! I wonder why? They had a really good product. But it does seem that over the years they have been less and less communicative. I remember actually calling them about sponsoring the non profit im starting, but recently they no longer have the phone number on a bag of diapers. Also, the last time I had a case of confidry, most of the diapers did not have tabs that stick. I ended having them replace the case with another brand. So, Confidry is out of business, Better Dry is out of stock.. what's an incontinent to do??? My solution is to use cloth, but I realize that is not a viable option for everyone. Indeed, when I get married and move out, I may have to resort back to disposables due to the cost of coin op laundry. Elijah, was the reason you stopped using the diapers I sold you because you gained too much weight? Or did it just get too expensive washing them? Thankfully, the diapers I have now are cut big enough to fit even if I gain a few inches, because it goes up to 51 inches. I do have a hand crank washing machine that I can use to wash cloth diapers without a "normal" washing machine.

At one point Confidry was all I used. Indeed, i made a post praising the product as the pinnacle of incontinence managment. And then they went and changed it. Word to the wise for incontinence manufacturers...If you have a good product with good reviews and good feedback.. DON'T change it. I guarantee you will lose business RAPIDLY. Part of the reason I no longer use disposables regularly is the ever changing disposable universe. This is true with both Medicaid provided diapers and out of pocket diapers. I get used to one brand, one way of fit, it works awesome.. and then they CHANGE it and leave me scrambling to find something else. NO! Find a good construction and STICK TO IT!!! Please for the sake of the people!

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:49 am 

We really need a company or organisation that's run if not by then for incontinent adults that could make good quality diapers and will listen to their users rather than institutional buyers. Too many manufacturers have perversely changed their designs in the last few years, mostly to a 'modular' central strip and wing design that doesn't wrap around the body properly and feel secure (first Lille then Abena, ID, and Attends) - I think Tena are the only major company that hasn't. We need a choice of cloth backed or plastic, as I know some people prefer the former because they feel less sweaty to them though I don't notice that except when it's very hot. I never experienced this brand because they were never sold in the UK but I've had the same problem with the plastic Abenas (which were discontinued here, then brought back by Drylife, who then also discontinued them) and now it looks like BetterDry are going as well. Nobody seems to have the user's back.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 6:55 am 

HumanFly wrote:
We really need a company or organisation that's run if not by then for incontinent adults that could make good quality diapers and will listen to their users rather than institutional buyers. Too many manufacturers have perversely changed their designs in the last few years, mostly to a 'modular' central strip and wing design that doesn't wrap around the body properly and feel secure (first Lille then Abena, ID, and Attends) - I think Tena are the only major company that hasn't. We need a choice of cloth backed or plastic, as I know some people prefer the former because they feel less sweaty to them though I don't notice that except when it's very hot. I never experienced this brand because they were never sold in the UK but I've had the same problem with the plastic Abenas (which were discontinued here, then brought back by Drylife, who then also discontinued them) and now it looks like BetterDry are going as well. Nobody seems to have the user's back.

Even though they are based in Germany, the founders of Better Dry are incontinent themselves and know quality. I am not sure if they are going to continue to make their products available to US markets. Both XP Medical and LL Medico have them out of stock.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2023 10:51 pm 

Rob - sorry just now seeing your question to me. Yea I gained a bunch of weight. I looked into cloth in my size and the initial cost plus laundry at the laundromat just wasn't possible.

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2023 4:19 pm 

better dry can be found at north shore

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 1:12 pm 

justej wrote:
Rob - sorry just now seeing your question to me. Yea I gained a bunch of weight. I looked into cloth in my size and the initial cost plus laundry at the laundromat just wasn't possible.

I feel that! I recently regained the wight I lost also.. UGH