www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:40 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:15 pm 

A booster pad question just for guys: have you experienced any difficulties from a swelling booster pad applying so much pressure against the penis that it makes it difficult to void? Of course, one would need a very absorbent booster pad to swell this much.

I have been experimenting with various highly absorbent booster pads. Some swell and curve around the sides of my penis and apply enough pressure to make it difficult to pee. :shock:

My concern would be difficulty peeing causing possible back pressure :( up the urethra to the bladder?

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2023 3:22 pm 

I'm familiar with this happening even without booster pads, just if I get pointed strangely.

I've never worried about it much. It's uncomfortable in a transient way but if I just hang with it for a while it seems to sort itself out usually.

Are you saying you've experienced this in a way that lasts for... an indefinite period of time?

Not specifically a diaper, but the one time I tried a penile clamp I did find that the backpressure was bothersome. Except with that, there's no chance of it fixing itself, once your bladder lets go and creates the backpressure, it's going to stay that way until you find a bathroom and find some way of releasing the clamp.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:14 am 

Thanks bcca. Good point about the penile clamp. It sounds as if I should not be too concerned about any back pressure.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2023 5:38 pm 

John:
I've had something similar to what you are experiencing even though it wasn't specifically with a booster pad. I use a Male guard pad in a pull-up and sometimes the pad will sort of block the penile opening. Although this really doesn't truly "seal' anything the leakage can sort back up a slight bit and then gush out and overwhelm the pad right at that point. This causes it to flood over the sides of the pad and (fortunately) into the pull-up. I've never had this combination back up so much as to cause any pain, rather it's just noticeable.