www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 11:05 am 

I was shocked to see that LL Medico is out of Better Dry diapers in sizes Medium and Large. Fortunately, I had just bought a case of Better Dry and must have received one of the last cases in their warehouse in my size (large).

I don't know whether the problem is with shipping or production at the German Thrust Vector plant. If anyone has information on this, please share it with us.

Meanwhile, I am examining my options. The nearest diaper to Better Dry that Northshore Care has may be their Northshore Supreme. Purchased by the case they are $2.44 per diaper.

For me, cost is an important consideration. Better Dry diapers from LL Medico are $104.99 per case of 60 or $1.75 each.

Of course, the printed counterpart to the plain Better Dry diapers is Crinklz. I may avail myself of that option should Better Dry continue to be unobtainable. Unfortunately, that would be the first time my wife will have seen me in an ABDL printed diaper.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:34 pm 

I encountered a similar problem earlier this winter. LL Medico was out of the large. They suggested the Crinklz or the BetterDry Day. I opted for the Crinklz. I didn't care for the print but the product worked just as well as the unprinted version. The top sheet has a slightly different feel but I didn't notice any difference in performance or comfort.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 20, 2023 5:08 pm 

My usually supplier here in Canada was healthwick.ca. But they have seriously hiked the price of everything except that the shipping fee is still $9 flat. Even then my "usuals" are out of stock, or out of stock in my size (medium). Or one of a few products are out of stock requiring larger orders to save on shipping, and buying the out of stock products from somewhere else. When trying to work the shipping angle, this gets frustrating.

My cheaper options were walmart.ca, wellwise.ca or shoppersdrugmart.ca. But guess what? The products are either out of stock, or out of stock in your size, or just plain unavailable. Walmart actually has the best prices for my needs so for nighttime use I do have the option (so far) of going into the store (TENA Super). But rather than pay more for daytime pull-ups, I've been using the Equate brand briefs at about half the cost. These are only available online and sometimes unavailable!

Since NS Supreme Lites are discontinued, I purchased two bags of Tranquility SlimLine briefs for my outdoor outings this summer. In terms of absorbency, they are not best bang for the buck but should be sufficient for my particular needs (and still somewhat cheaper than ATN). However, the SlimLine briefs (medium) are often out of stock. So I felt like I was doing an "eBay pounce" and bought them the first time I saw that they were in stock recently.

It makes you wish for a Google Alert for what you need so that you can pounce on it when it becomes available.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 11:36 am 

Been having the same issue with HDIS where I get my diapers through Medicaid. The ones they sent me since the usual ones are out of stock are junk.

Never get Attends Advanced Care. They fall apart in the back.

Hello, my name is Scott, and physically, I am 46 years old. However, thanks to abuse, and being special needs, mentally and emotionally, I am equal to about 6-10 years old. I'm autistic, deal with double incontinence, anxiety, depression, and PTSD.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:25 am 

Good news. Cases of Better Dry in sizes Medium and Large are back in stock at LL Medico.

Even better news, the price for a case of Large now is a very attractive $99.99. :D There is no listing of size XL.

Meanwhile, XP Medical has no size Medium but does have size XL. It lists a case of size Large at $104.99.

For comparison, Amazon has BetterDry in size Large for $119.99.

Obviously, there are undetermined "issues" with the supply chain so, "get 'em while they have 'em."

--John
(double incontinent)