www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: MegaMax waist
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 8:09 am 

Many of us use the NorthShore Care MegaMax diaper at least sometimes. While I like the diaper, I have had problems with the frontal plastic "landing zone" once I fold in the extra plastic at the waist. That folded rough plastic at the waist constantly irritates my skin and leads to pre-rash irritation or even a raw area before I notice it. :(

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

In another forum I mentioned this to Adam from Northshore.

In contrast, I enjoy wearing the MegaMaxAir as it does not have a plastic landing zone and I can position the tapes as I wish. Unfortunately, Adam mentioned that NorthShore will add a plastic landing zone to this diaper. :(

--John
(double incontinent)

Post subject: Re: MegaMax waist
PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 2:51 pm 

Hi JD

I have this exact same problem and it's the reason why I prefer to wear BetterDry when I can. The Megamax still has it's place as a rugged durable protection when I'm doing things out of the house.

And yes, I also like the Megamax Air! I really do find it to be breathable and very comfortable. I like to set the bottom tapes up higher on my thigh so the Velcro doesn't get a chance to hit my skin. I wear these during the day when I have more control. One thing to note on these is they don't advertise, nor do they hold as much as the regular plastic Megamax. Still do very well for me.

Post subject: Re: MegaMax waist
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2023 8:20 am 

MegaMax is both outside my price range and overkill for my capacity needs, so I can't say I've used them. I have sampled them however. Not bad..
but with my flow being moderate to heavy and some days only occasional, I can't justify the cost of Mega Max.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II