www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Selling diapers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 7:07 pm 

Question. I have two cases of medium betterdry diapers that I no longer need. I have switched to mega inspire + as they meet my needs better. I know a lot of people here use betterdry as their primary diaper.

I would like to get rid of them but I don’t want to flaunt my incontinence on something like Facebook marketplace. They are selling for 119.99. I would like to sell them at cost +shipping. Please let me know if it is ok for me to ask this and if someone is interested please PM me.

Post subject: Re: Selling diapers
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:35 pm 

105 on XP medical. Cases ship free. Just for comparison.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 5:43 am 

CityGardener wrote:
105 on XP medical. Cases ship free. Just for comparison.

Thank you for the comparison, I was looking at northshore. I had thought at cost would be good since the buyer would not need to pay sales tax. If it costs around $30 to ship, to be equivalent I guess it would need to be $70 per case or whatever the buyer thinks a fair price to offer.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:34 am 

Tarlton, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but today's price on both XP Medical and LL Medico is $99.99. XP Medical applies a $5.00 surcharge. LL Medico does not. Shipping is free.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 8:16 pm 

I've had really fast delivery with XP since I've been a customer. (Only a year or less) I usually see my orders in 2 days.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:29 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Tarlton, sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but today's price on both XP Medical and LL Medico is $99.99. XP Medical applies a $5.00 surcharge. LL Medico does not. Shipping is free.

--John
(double incontinent)

I get it :). The purpose is to give someone a deal and also recoup some of the loss from cases I don’t intend to use. I would accept an offer that’s fair (I am not selling them for $20 lol), but maybe $90 if the price is $99.99 on those sites. That would be a $20 saving since the buyer isn’t paying sales tax. I’ll have to eat the shipping, but at least I’ll get some money back.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:16 am 

Quote:
but maybe $90 if the price is $99.99 on those sites. That would be a $20 saving since the buyer isn’t paying sales tax.

Who pays sales tax on medical supplies?

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2023 1:18 pm 

CityGardener wrote:
Quote:
but maybe $90 if the price is $99.99 on those sites. That would be a $20 saving since the buyer isn’t paying sales tax.

I guess dummies like me? Below are receipts from both llmedico and north shore. My insurance doesn’t cover diapers and I don’t have a fsa or hsa. Maybe I am dumb but I assumed the majority of people don’t either. On no incontinence supply site that I have purchased items from outside of rearz in Canada have I ever NOT been charged sales tax.

How do you not pay sales tax on something that is obviously medical suuplies?

Attachments:
0D327FB0-4287-4CA5-8048-C2AF7B0651A5.jpeg
0D327FB0-4287-4CA5-8048-C2AF7B0651A5.jpeg [ 371.2 KiB | Viewed 693 times ]
5FF3F45A-9BE5-4743-91DB-B347B54F4F2E.jpeg
5FF3F45A-9BE5-4743-91DB-B347B54F4F2E.jpeg [ 389.47 KiB | Viewed 693 times ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:37 am 

Tarlton wrote:
CityGardener wrote:
Quote:

I guess dummies like me? Below are receipts from both llmedico and north shore. My insurance doesn’t cover diapers and I don’t have a fsa or hsa. Maybe I am dumb but I assumed the majority of people don’t either. On no incontinence supply site that I have purchased items from outside of rearz in Canada have I ever NOT been charged sales tax.

How do you not pay sales tax on something that is obviously medical suuplies?

It all depends on where you live and where the vendor is located. In the US, some states charge tax on incontinence supplies, some don't. If you ship from one state (or country) to another, you might encounter different tax laws. Here in the UK, disposable diapers are eligible for zero-tax (VAT Relief), but only up to a certain quantity. When I buy diapers from Germany, I pay tax because i am having them shipped outside the EU even though they are not taxed there. I don't know about Canada, but it might be worth looking into.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:53 am 

We have a no diaper tax here in DC. I didn't think they applied to adult diapers but now that I think about it I don't pay for tax either when buying online.