www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:33 pm 

[quote="bcca"]

Hi, it is indeed a question worth thinking about the points you raised. In order not to give away any information about you, please send us an email to contact us. We are very happy that you are willing to test our product! We hope to bring you more inspiration for product optimization or suggestions for needed improvements in these products.
Diapers and cloth diapers have different advantages and hope to find a balance and that it will be a game changer. :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 7:53 pm 

M65:  The fit was right except around the badly designed pad. Having the fly cut-out in the padding is a very bad design choice, as it does not properly cover the male genital area. Leaked at the slightest wetting due to this. My opinion would be to make the padding full, like with the M66.

M66:  Was impressed with the fit and the size of the pad. It held up without leaking to a mid-sized wetting.

M67:  Was really impressed with the larger padding in the back, as well. This one is more suited for longer use, like sleeping. However, like any protection, if a lot absorbed, comes leaks while sitting.

M01:  Very decent feeling and fit. Pretty much similar to the M66.

Overall, the M66, M67 and M01 are decent for light to moderate wettings. The M65 needs to be remade with full padding in the front. It's really poor design to have the fly cut-out in absorbent underpants. My ratings: (Out of 5 stars)

M65: Image

M66: ImageImageImageImage

M67: ImageImageImageImageImage

M01: ImageImageImageImage

Hello, my name is Scott, and physically, I am 46 years old. However, thanks to abuse, and being special needs, mentally and emotionally, I am equal to about 6-10 years old. I'm autistic, deal with double incontinence, anxiety, depression, and PTSD.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 4:07 am 

Hi Everyone!

I responded to the offer that Carer Co. posted here a while back and they sent me a few of their incontinence products to try.
They asked that I leave a review on social media, but I am very social media adverse.

Since the original offer was made here, I will post my reviews here.
W66 Waterproof Pants:
The first thing I noticed is that they fit very small. I was sent two: one large, one extra large. The extra large fits like a Gary Active Brief Medium. I did not try the large on. For reference, I wear large Drylife pants over Medium BetterDry Disposables. Despite the snug fit, these perform very well. The fabric is polyester, which has some sort of waterproof coating. It's not quite like PUL and you can't really feel the coating at all. I wear these as a backup to a disposable diaper and cloth overpant to catch any leaks while sleeping. I haven't encountered any leaks since starting the trial, but I have poured water inside the pants to test for leaks and wicking. The leg bands do wick a little, but no more than any other pants.
Overall, these are pretty soft, quiet and very comfortable to wear. The waist and leg bands are very soft and do not bind or scratch at all. The pictures show that they appear a little frilly, but that's not noticeable under clothing. I've been looking for better plastic pants lately - Drylife changed the plastic on their pants and I no longer like them. These Carer pants are a very good alternative. At £20 each, they are pricier than the Drylife, but much less than Gary. If you can get a discount, they are worth a try - just measure carefully.

Attachments:
IMG_2089.jpg
IMG_2089.jpg [ 750.98 KiB | Viewed 2073 times ]
IMG_2088.jpg
IMG_2088.jpg [ 832.99 KiB | Viewed 2073 times ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2023 8:45 am 

I'll throw in my 2 cents.

Carerspk, thank you for making the effort to offer trials to us folks dealing with this issue. Thank you especially for offering a product that resembles underwear very closely. It can help for those of us who are new to incontinence and can't quite bring ourselves to wear something that looks like a diaper. I have tried 2 of your products, I am not sure which, but I have used them sparingly. Since they lack leak guards, I don't wear them in public. However, to my knowledge, tehy held a smal to moderate sized wetting well. I would suggest adding gussets to ensure a good seal at the legs. Also, adding more padding in the back would be useful for folks who have bowel incontinence.

Sincerly,

Rob aka sociologygeek

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2023 5:04 am 

[quote="sociologygeek"]

Hi Rob aka sociologygeek,

Thank you for your advice! Could we contact via email? I would like to ask sth about the gussets you mention. Is that a leak-proof layer of fabric similar to a diapers? Or something else? Could you provide some pictures for my reference? Please feel free to contact us at carerspk@gmail.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 12:01 am 

Hi.

I tried sending an email with an image clarifying what I meant by gussets. Unfortunately, the email service I use just crashed right before I could hit send and only delivered the partial message. I apologize.

A gusset is is the cloth equivalent of a standing leak guard on a disposable diaper. A cursory internet search will reveal products that have gussets.
A pullup that hopes to be useful to anyone with moderate to heavy incontinence MUST have gussets in my humble opinion. If you have further questions, reply here. I am operating on lack of sleep so I don't feel like any more image editing tonight.

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Oct 11, 2023 7:09 pm 

Here's a good example of gussets, courtesy of ThreadedArmour.
Sorry for it being so big...

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2023 10:48 pm 

WetDad wrote:
Here's a good example of gussets, courtesy of ThreadedArmour.
Sorry for it being so big...

Thank you so much! I got it! :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2023 7:47 pm 

So is there a product they sell similar to the M66 with protection that goes up the back. Many Men's products don't.