www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 10:45 pm 

I refuse to buy these because the tapes are so bad. Anyone else have this problem?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 5:44 pm 

It's been quite a few years since I used Abena (Abri-Form plastic-backed), but I used to have more issues with tape failures with them, compared to other brands. I use NorthShore MegaMax exclusively now, and I have never had a tape failure with those...even when the diaper is very wet and heavy.

My experience is that tapes on cloth-backed disposables don't perform as well as tapes on plastic-backed.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2023 10:30 pm 

Honestly, no problem here with the plastic-backed Abena L4's that I wear every night. In fact they will tear the plastic outer shell if I try to remove the main tape to take it off. Is it possible that you are getting some powder or cream on the outer shell before taping up?

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:24 am 

Like Mike, I had problems with the Abena tapes some years back but simply reinforced them with a thin strip of Duck tape. It should be noted that I often had to do this with other brands. However, over recent years most manufacturers have improved their tapes and I now rarely have a tape pop or pull loose from the backing.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:53 am 

Tapes on the plastic backed Abena nappies are usually pretty good; it's the 'cloth' type where the tapes just won't stick. The wings are also prone to coming detached during wear. Poor quality all round.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:59 am 

I haven't used Abenas in a long time, but I bought a roll of Tyvek tape from Home Depot and used it to reinforce. It worked amazingly well.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 10:54 am 

I'm having trouble with the bottom tape sticking and not being able to get it loose. And sometimes I pull too hard and it comes completely off. It may be user error.