www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 9:41 pm 

so I just ordered the Rearz Mega inspire + as a sample. In what I can tell that is the same thing as the Mega Safari but without the printing. Both advertise 8500ml and look identical in style.

I'll give these a try and see what happens.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:58 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
HDT, thanks for the data and feedback. I believe the Mega Inspire has an ISO capacity of 8,500 ml. BetterDry is my go-to diaper. I would like to have a little more absorbency at night but the price of the Mega Inspire is a bit daunting.

--John
(double incontinent)

The inspire has definitely become my new go to diaper as I have experienced significantly less leaks. Its shell is different from the other similar diapers from rearz. Instead of being a smooth stretchy plastic, it’s firmer and has a rougher plastic. That being said, it’s incredibly comfortable for my body type and outperforms everything else I have tried by a wide margin.

Regarding price, that company has weird sales. I stocked up during Valentine day as they had a buy one, get one half off deal going. The price per diaper was even less than betterdry at that point. Another piece that makes it more attractive for me is that rearz doesn’t charge tax whereas north shore and ll Medico do. It’s free shipping from Canada to me here in Illinois.

Today the Cost comparisons
North shore megamax medium 114.99 *2 (40 briefs *2)(free shipping only starts at $150)
14.49 tax = 3.06 per brief

Ll medico bettedry medium is 99.99 (60 briefs) (free shipping)
$10.00 tax = 1.83 per brief

Rearz inspire medium is 89.99 (36 brief) free
No tax = 2.5 per brief

Because I took advantage of that sale it was but one get one half off
3 cases 89.99 = 269.97 (108 briefs)
3 cases 44.999 = 134.99 (108 briefs)
404.96 (216 briefs) final price 1.87 per brief
Needless to say I decided to front load almost 3 months of diapers with that sale.

Point being, it is a diaper that can be acquired if you are patient and look for a good sale. Even without the sale it is cheaper than megamax.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:15 am 

Tarlton, thanks for doing the homework and taking the time to provide us with detailed costing data. BTW, where do you have the storage for so many diapers. When I buy three cases I fill my storage and have a couple of packs setting out in our bedroom.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:17 pm 

Greetings all! I haven’t posted here for awhile but this subject made me think a little about my personal needs and solutions, though we all approach it differently.
First and foremost, I’m a cloth fan, which is my personal daytime and nighttime preference. Because I tend to wear dresses and skirts 90% of the time during the day, and have a (generally) small build except for top and hips, I can go unnoticed with the bulk of cloth. With that, it doesn’t take a great deal of wetness for me to feel damp, though cloth ‘very rarely’ will leak, even when quite saturated. The fact that cloth can accept a great deal of fluid and Not get all puffy like most disposables doesn’t mean I like feeling wet. In fact, I change every 3 hours on average, depending on my leakage level because of the comfort factor. There are times where I get stuck and am unable to change so if I know that might be the case, I may choose to use a MegaMax. Ether way, I always wear a support brief or body briefer to support the diaper. Now, given that I found that a disposable may leak from the leg openings if sitting awhile and leaking a lot, possibly due to the reduced capacity from the briefer and the inherent problem of wicking up into the diaper that disposables have compared to cloth. That is always a situation to avoid…
Back to the subject….. would I wear a high capacity diaper and use it as such? Yes I have but would most definitely rather not. I’d rather wear cloth or less costly disposables and change when I feel uncomfortable. Why spend $$$ for high capacity diapers when a $ diaper like Supremes or even attends or the like serve the purpose given I hate to feel nasty, unless the situation requires a high capacity diaper?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 4:45 pm 

As a confirmed cloth user, I guess I'm with Ellyn on this topic. There are occasions when a super-absorbent disposable would be appropriate, such as when traveling long distances by car or plane, or when out and about with friends or family in locations where handicapped restrooms are unavailable. However, when I'm at home, with a bathroom readily available with all my supplies handy, I stick with cloth. Soap and water liberally and frequently applied have been the best, most successful rash prophylaxis for me. Disposables have their place, but washables work best for me.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:01 pm 

Well... I have thoughts on these Rearz diapers. I just received the samples I ordered to try. I thought I'd share, but I'm not trying to give any advertisement. They look very well built, and I don't have any negatives. Other than the plastic ones are not "quiet" as maybe megamax

Things I noted:
-the extra little foam padding around the elastics areas. This was probably to mimic how baby diapers are made, as most of the Rearz products are geared towards the ABDL crowd. Not going to lie this is kind of nice. If you have to be stuck in a sweaty soggy diaper the waistband is bothersome, so maybe that would not be as bad.
-These are really wide. There is a lot of room. That means more surface area to spread out a flood.
-The rise goes up higher than the same size Betterdry. (nice for dudes).

I think the cheaper version of the Inspire actually would perform the same as Megamax or Betterdry. I haven't tried the Inspire+ at overnight yet.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:37 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
Tarlton, thanks for doing the homework and taking the time to provide us with detailed costing data. BTW, where do you have the storage for so many diapers. When I buy three cases I fill my storage and have a couple of packs setting out in our bedroom.

--John
(double incontinent)

For the cloth users. I am away too long from my house to make cloth work for me. I always get rashes and the smell gets to be a bit much for me. I have the utmost respect for those who have the discipline for cloth.

As for storage, I have the majority in my garage.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2023 11:56 am 

Quote:
For the cloth users. I am away too long from my house to make cloth work for me. I always get rashes and the smell gets to be a bit much for me. I have the utmost respect for those who have the discipline for cloth.

Using cloth directly on my skin worked well until my body chemistry changed possibly with new meds, or the just the way my skin cells respond to constant stresses. For smells proper laundering was a big part of the game as I recall. I have been using superabsorbent diapers overnight and in the mornings when I have the majority of my bladder issues. Along with housekeeping of the hair, and special soap I have been able to avoid the worst rashes I was getting.

Although I wish it could be different, I depend on these types of diapers to do their jobs as advertised. Pulling the liquid away from the skin and keeping me dry is key. Feeling dry is another benefit for when I have a lot of small wettings in a short amount of time. Paying the cost of some of these brands is cost avoidance when it comes to the extra energy for laundry, and suffering through rashes. I have done enough experimenting where I am satisfied.