www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:30 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Chiropractic??????????
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:01 pm 

Has anyone out there tried chiropractic in an attempt to control your incontinence? There is a local chiropractor that is advertising that he can help bedwetting children over the age of 5 with lower back adjustments to help stimulate the muscles that control the bladder. Is this legit? If so does this also apply to adults? I've been listening to his radio commercials daily. The thought occured to me that my specific lower back/nerve problems are the cause of my not having any bladder control so why wouldn't his method help to stimulate the muscles that control my bladder? I know all too-well how lower back problems effect bladder control in my specific case. This probably wouldn't help me as I have been told I have permanent nerve damage but it might just help somebody out there if it is a legitimate method of combating incontinence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 5:29 pm 

I am very leary of these guys. I went to one many years ago for some neck/back pain and he didn't help. I just wasted about 6 trips, and he kept wanting me to come back.
I have a co-worker who went to one about 6 months ago and his problem(neck) got worse. I would be afraid he would make me worse, not better. If you could talk with some of his clients to see how they were helped, I would consider if they sounded promising. Good Luck! ............Paul Martin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:38 am 

I've heard of chiropractic being very effective in treating a lot of things... but never enuresis.

Does your insurance cover chiropractic care? If it does then you might as well try it out... while it may not make you any dryer it should certainly make you feel better in other ways.

Post subject: chiropractic
PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:02 am 

My wife got help from a chiropractor for pain due to a pinched sciatic nerve. (He was also the one who told her not always to carry the baby on her same side.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 9:51 am 

I asked my chiropracter about that incontinence thing he looked at me smiled and said giggling "what" Where did you get that from :lol: Then asked has your condition gotten any better. I said well yes thank you it has, My upper back feels much better :D As far as the bladder no change :? He said still giggling if I thought there was a way I could help you don't you think I'd said something :?:

...................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:24 am 

If anyone finds a chiropracter that can cure spinal nerve damage, degenerative disc disease, and scolisis sign me up for treatment :P

I maybe be wrong, but I don't think a chiropracter can do anything for incontinence UNLESS the cause is related to a pinched nerve. I would have serious doubts that a chiropracter could successfully treat and cure any other cause of incontinence. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 13, 2009 10:45 am 

Yep if they could do that Urologists would be dialing for dollars :lol:
........................Sandy :)