www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:04 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2009 8:34 pm 

Sandy has said many times she finds really good deals using EBay. Once she told of buying a case of Depends for a lot less. I have tried to find deals on EBay but don't have the patients. I myself like going to the clearance sections of stores to find things.

Well last night and today I couldn't believe the deal I got at Walgreen. I went to pick up some meds and always walk down the adult diaper isle. I stopped in my tracks. They were getting rid of Depends, all types except for the adjustable pull ups. I picked up 3 bags of the maximum briefs for only $3.79 a bag and then the lady checking me out, took a coupon that had printed out, and used it for me. So three bags of maximum briefs were only about $9. This morning I stopped at another one on the way to work and picked up another 3 bags for $10. I know they are not that good, but for short periods of time and to have some around for emergency, I couldn't help not get them.

What deals or not so deals have you gotten lately??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:54 am 

:shock: For that price I would have bought them. Hey with a booster they aren't all that bad.........................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:01 pm 

I usually dont bargaian shop for diapers because i get mine free from the state..but, occasionally i check the local goodwill to see if someone donated some in my size that i cant get otherwise.. a month or so a go, i found 7 packages of attends breathable size medium for 3 dollars a package. I first bought 3.. but then, went back and cleared them out. At first i wasnt going to buy them, because i get them free from the state..but then i realized, it doesnt hurt to have spares. So, right now i have about 6 packages in my house along with my state-suppiled complement.. i got enough to last me for quite a while.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:25 pm 

I haven't checked any of the local Wallgreens for Depend products yet. I don't know that I'm really that desperate or in need of a bargain. I did get two full cases of Attends w/waistband off of craigslist last month for $60. I figured that was a pretty good deal, and I don't mind the Attends... they're good to wear to work and what-not. I still prefer my Abri-forms... but sometimes it's okay to compromise in order to save a buck.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:50 pm 

Dang, attends w/waistband are my faves i think..howd you get so lucky?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 6:29 pm 

Ebay has been dead for great deals as of late :? Either you can get the really cheap ones dirt cheap. You know the ones that make Depends look good :? :shock: Or the good ones lately have been as much as you'd pay in the stores. :roll: ...................................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:02 pm 

I concur sandy..i haven't found any good deals on disposables, although some cloth ones look a bit tempting.. i think.. not sure if i wanna go cloth..too complicated, and too much work..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 1:08 pm 

My fiancee is trying her hand at sewing cloth diapers for me at home... Wal-mart is having a big sale so we bought a lot of flannel... we'll see how they turn out when she finishes them.

Post subject: deal
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:22 pm 

I went in Wal-mart the other day and walked by the adult diaper aera and they had depend pull ups for around $4 with me having some control they work during the day if not out too long.