www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:25 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:42 am 

I first tried Confidry a year and a half ago and never reordered. The tapes were difficult and the cut was weird. I gave them another try and have to say that I’m impressed. The tapes are greatly improved and the cut seems better. The wicking is amazing and the leg guards are top notch. I am on my second case and think it will be my daily and nightly driver for the foreseeable future. Due to a pituitary condition I am a heroic wetter and these diapers can handle it. They don’t break down or swell up like the better dry, they don’t bunch like them either. Since the Large BD seems to be out of stock the Confidry is worth another look. My LL Medico order shipped out of Las Vegas, so it was only a two day ship to California. I like that they are made in the USA too.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:06 am 

ConfiDry was my go-to diaper before I switched to BetterDry. I thought ConfiDry was great but BetterDry fit my anatomy better, resulting in fewer leaks. I'll have to sample ConfiDry again. Thanks for the recommendation.

BTW, BetterDry is still available from a few vendors, but not as many, and it is unclear how soon their stocks may be depleted. Popular sizes like "L" are the first to go. :(

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:38 am 

BD large fit me great, but the lack of wicking led to leaks for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:18 am 

Uh oh.. Is Better Dry out of stock on certian websites? Oh crap.. That's my go to disposable for working..

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:21 am 

Rothpirate wrote:
I first tried Confidry a year and a half ago and never reordered. The tapes were difficult and the cut was weird. I gave them another try and have to say that I’m impressed. The tapes are greatly improved and the cut seems better. The wicking is amazing and the leg guards are top notch. I am on my second case and think it will be my daily and nightly driver for the foreseeable future. Due to a pituitary condition I am a heroic wetter and these diapers can handle it. They don’t break down or swell up like the better dry, they don’t bunch like them either. Since the Large BD seems to be out of stock the Confidry is worth another look. My LL Medico order shipped out of Las Vegas, so it was only a two day ship to California. I like that they are made in the USA too.

Roth, did they fix the issue with the rough/itchy topsheet? I found the Better Dry topsheet to be much softer.

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 8:59 am 

The top sheet feels fine to me. I know the better dry used to bunch up for me.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:28 am 

Like many people I have used a variety of disposable diapers to manage my incontinence. Over time I stopped ordering anything but the BetterDry. They fit my body and the quality was consistently good compared to the ConfiDry. Last month I ordered a case of ConfiDry as a hedge against expected holiday shipping delays and a desire to see if they had improved the tapes. Unfortunately, the tapes are still problematic. I kept track of tape failures and found that about 16 % of the diapers had a problem with one or two of the tapes. The basic problem is that the blue, primary tape, is not properly attached to the top sheet. While putting the diaper on I found that the blue tape was often not attached to the top sheet or would come off before I could tape the diaper closed. I took particular care in unfolding the tapes and holding both the tape and the back sheet when positioning the diaper. This has been a consistent problem for ConfiDry and I cannot imagine that the manufacturer isn't aware of the problem. There are many things I like about the ConfidDry but the consistent problem with the tapes overrides the good features. I would love to hear from the manufacturer.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:58 pm 

I'd suggest you give the Northshore Supreme line a try.
They will be happy to send samples if you ask.
They might not be the perfect solution, but may be an option in a pinch.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, 2022 8:20 pm 

I like the northshore supreme but the padding comes too close to the edge of the back sheet behind the legs. This spells leaks at night and while sitting down. They wick very well and the tapes are adequate if not a little undersized. The padding too close to the edge is a common problem with most adult diapers, I don’t get those leaks with Seni or Confidry. I don’t know why nobody has made a more rectangular pad diaper, I feel like it’s only a matter of time before somebody does.