www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:50 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:02 pm 

I'm into my 3rd IC year and I have yet to get a onesie. I recall that the first time I saw refs to onesies, I thought they were for the fetish crowd. But I now realize that I am missing an important incontinence tool.

I normally don't have coffee on days when I go out because of the IBS-d threat that it causes. But while sipping on my coffee this morning, my wife asked me if I would go grocery shopping with her. I didn't mind but I have to plan for these things. Thankfully I had already decided to wear my daytime diaper because I never know where I am going on a given Saturday (else I can often get by with a guard). Because I had coffee, I donned a pair of plastic pants and thankfully the shopping worked out ok.

After we got home and unpacked, I was sitting on the couch in front of the TV. Wifey points out to me that "your plastic pants are showing" in an annoyed voice. "Not that I mind" she says, but "you should be more aware of that". She was right and I couldn't argue the point. Part of the problem is that normally my flannel shirt is enough. Because the point of the PP is to catch any fecal overflow, it needs to go above the diaper waist to avoid leakage. This makes it likely to creep above my waistline.

Since summer is coming and I'm likely to be out more often and in diapers + plastic pants, I need a permanently tucked in T-shirt, onesie style.

I just checked healthwick.ca and wellwise.ca and didn't see any product offerings. So my question for the list, is there a good place to buy them in Canada. Is there anything I should be aware of in terms of measurements or products? A few sites I've seen list Small, Medium (my likely) and Large but don't say much more about the height of the garment. Given the cost, I want to get it right the first time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 6:34 pm 

Hi Wayne

I think onsies can be helpful in terms of support and comfort. I haven't ever bought any but since I can sew I have made my own and as such they are tailored to my own measurements. A lot of the sellers will have charts with chest, hip, and length measurements. If you were purchasing this for a support garment you would want to pay attention to the length measurement. To measure yourself you'd want to grab a tape and measure from your neckline to the bottom of your crotch area. For me it's about 32 inches and most sellers would say to order a medium or large.

The other thing to consider is the material. If it stretches too much or not enough it will not fit well, or even be uncomfortable. I wear these as a support garment at night so I prefer the waist and crotch to feel snug but with enough room for my diaper to swell and not be crushed.

I think John recommended Babykins in another post. I would second them as a quality seller. I haven't ordered any onesies from them, but other items I have bought have been well made and still holding up after a couple years.

Lastly, if you only need to cover your diapers from view you could also try some extra long t-shirts. Most brands have a big and tall style that will give you a few more inches on the bottom of a t-shirt. That might help stay tucked in. One other thing I have done before is buy long tank top t-shirts and add my own buttons to the bottom. You can buy snap buttons at walmart for a few bucks and press them on. Pretty simple, but gives me a little extra piece of mind when I am out in public and have to lift my arms, or bend down for things.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2023 7:31 pm 

Rearz is another site that has onesies. Some are in prints you may not like, but plain white or black are options, too. Sizes from XS to 4XL

https://rearz.ca/white-unisex-adult-snap-bodysuit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 1:12 am 

CityGardener wrote:
If you were purchasing this for a support garment you would want to pay attention to the length measurement.

Indeed. I wear them as a support/compression kind of thing, too. So I like to get them on the small side. If they're "roomy and comfortable" they're not really useful for me.

If the OP wants it as a "tee shirt that can't come untucked" then what about just following your tee shirt size? I think all of these sellers do their best to approximate tee shirt sizes.

I always try to go down a size or two from my tee shirt size, but it's always a bit of a guessing game as to whether I go down one size, or two sizes.

But I rather suspect if I were to order one that matched my tee shirt size, it would be comfortable and roomy and would fit similarly to a tee shirt of that size.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:57 am 

wayne, I wear onezies almost 24 hours a day. I wear them at night as my pj's as they keep my diaper from shifting.

For years I have bought my onesies from Kins (BabyKins in Canada). They are of a higher quality than I have found elsewhere and last much longer. They use a heavier cotton material for the onesie. Kins calls their onesies "onezies." I like their "KINS Onezie T-Shirt ORIGINAL 12000." I have them in white, black, and gray colors. Try the link below:
https://babykins.com/collections/adult- ... inal-12000

Pay attention to the torso measurement as that is very important. Your onesie should fit snugly when first put on so that it will provide support to an increasingly heavy diaper.

I hope this helps. Good luck.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2023 4:12 pm 

Thanks everyone, this is helpful. I'll be placing an order, shortly.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:17 pm 

Wayne,

I am going to send you a PM with another suggestion. I can't really post it here because it goes against forum rules. The rule of promoting ABDL sites or content. Sorry. If anyone else would like to know, please feel free to PM me. Just understand that some may find it offensive.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:51 pm 

Thanks for keeping it real Rope! I do think if it's something that could help Wayne there's other's likely others that could find it helpful. There are guests here that visit and read to find recommendations on products and maybe don't want to join for reasons. I say post it. Most of us have had to shop through all of the sites that carry certain items but mostly cater to the other communities. I ordered items from Rearz recently... Didn't think I'd need anything from them but I might if these "Mega Inspire+" things are worth their name.

I'm sure most of us are discerning, but I also trust your judgement and not offering free advertising to the ABDL sites. Just a thought...

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:05 am 

Thanks CG,

I would agree that if it could help people here, there should be some latitude and flexibility with what people post. But for me personally, I feel It would be very hypocritical to take advantage of that freedom. Ya see, there was a time not too long ago where I was very vocal about not crossing that line and I was very strict on enforcing that rule. Granted, since then I have grown a lot and have learned to look past some of the more unsavory stuff in order to find products that work with managing something that is already very hard to manage and live with. Maybe I will talk with Schoppy and see if it something we may need to tweak just a little for the future.

Rope

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2023 6:54 pm 

I think the rules are good. I wouldn't think anything needs to be changed. I think if things are shared they are assumed to be for the purposes of informational, and for use with incontinence and not other reasons. I don't really care what people use anything for, I just don't care to read the ABDL testimonial of any of the items. That is something I have not had to worry about while visiting this site.

Sorry for taking over your thread, Wayne. :)