www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 2:54 pm 

Warning, this post talks about the male anatomy.

I'm male and have had over the thigh overflow issues when sitting and flooding since I started on this incontinence journey almost a year ago. I have found many things that have helped lessen the overflow issue such as a proper fitting diaper, wearing fixing pants, and a diaper cover over my disposable. But the problem has always remained. The root cause has always been an inability to keep myself pointing downward. I think I have finally been able to overcome this obstacle.

This only works for me while wearing my cotton fixing pants. This makes the diaper hug me close and keeps things in place better. Now here goes:

Once I have put the diaper on I pull up the fixing pants to just below the diaper. I don't pull the fixing pants all the way up yet. I just get them where they are within reach without bending down. Then I reach in my diaper and point myself downward. Next I start shoving everything down. Not just my penis, but my scrotum with testicles. I get it all as far down as possible. At some point it is more pushing stuff backward than it is downward. Down and back, down and back. Basically I'm stretching and wrapping my parts as far around my bottom as they will go (think Einhorn at the end of Ace Ventura, though probably not quite that extreme). The diaper tends to get in the way (for me at least) when I start tucking backward but I can usually burrow back with my hand and then tuck it back more. Alternately I can reach under the diaper with my other hand and pull the diaper away slightly to give more room to shove it. When I have everything in place as far down and back as possible then I gently remove my hand. Then I put hand pressure on the outside front of the diaper to keep everything in place while I pull up the fixing pants. At this point things may feel a bit uncomfortable and if so I will adjust slightly to have less pressure on my testicles, though I try for as little adjustment as possible. Then I pull up my diaper cover as usual.

This fastidiousness in tucking everything down and back (in combo with the fixing pants to hold it in place) seems to have finally cured the over the thigh overflow problem for me when flooding.

Three other changes I have noticed are:

1) I have a slight increase in the amount of leakage around the bottom of the leg. But the diaper cover seems to be containing it long enough for the cotton fixing pants to absorb it. I haven't leaked out of the cover yet.

2) With the urine exiting farther down and back it seems there is less wicking to the front and the diaper has slightly less capacity.

3) I definitely feel all the warmth under me when I flood and it feels like I'm leaking badly. I guess it's just a new sensation I need to get used to. It's better than overflowing my thigh and knowing as soon as I stand up it will likely dribble down my leg.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 10:57 pm 

I found this thread while looking for recommendations for fixing pants. :-)

If you don't mind sharing, what fixing pants are you using, and where are you buying them from?

Thanks as always. I think your situation may be a lot like mine. I keep reading your posts and finding things to empathize with. I appreciate it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:59 pm 

I have used Abena Abri-Fix soft cotton pants. I buy them to fit tightly so they hold a disposable firmly in place. They are shaped like a "normal" men's brief. You might try XP Medical at:
https://www.xpmedical.com/xp-abe-ab-2-fix-xp

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 5:07 pm 

Those are the fixing pants I use too, also purchased from XP medical.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 10, 2022 1:00 pm 

Hi nomoore

Sorry you find yourself here here are some suggestions that might help.

Shave this helps the diaper bond and gather correctly.
Ensure your diaper is the correct size.
When fitting the diaper fold in half to form a v to help channel urine down through the diaper.
When fitted check the leg gathers are fitting correctly and are firmly tucked in the crotch.
If the diaper is fitted snugly everything should stay pointed down.
I too use fixation pants to give the diaper extra support I ensure that they are snug too.
I also use a diaper cover that fits snugly.

Incontinence is a journey you have found the best place to find friends, advice and support.

Don’t be afraid to ask any question however silly.

Take care

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:25 pm 

I also use these fix pants.They really reduce leaks.

They have saved me many times.
I always wear PUL pants over them.

The best store on the web in Europe I have found is this one:
https://www.deutschland-inkontinenz.de/ ... rge-en.htm

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:47 am 

I know the Abena ones are good, in fact before I posted I had already looked several different places for anyone who might have the Abena fixing pants in stock in size medium, to no avail. (XP Medical doesn't seem to have size medium in stock either)

Apparently the better term to search for on amazon is "fixation pants". That's a new one for me, too. I knew them as "fixing pants" before. But "fixation pants" yields much better search results, with representation from several different brands.

:-) It didn't make sense that only one manufacturer would be making them, anyway. It's good to find the search term that gets a wider variety of results.

Thanks all.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 3:29 pm 

This was a helpful post. Responding to say thanks and for future reference.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 10:26 am 

I cannot tell you how many times my diaper has leaked because I am pointed up into the thigh instead of down into the diaper. I never thought of it as thigh overflow.. thats pretty clever :) Thats why I use tape on briefs and never pullups. Pullups are loose fitting and dont hold the equipment in place. If you have issues with capacity, you may want to try cloth diapers. The advantage is you can control the amount of absorbency you have in the diaper. I use Ecoable's fitteds with inserts and prefolds and I can't recommend them enough. If you do use the fitteds, do note that they are NOT waterproof and need a diaper cover over top them. But that's actually an advantage because you don't have to worry about washing and drying them with the PUL and wearing otu the PUL. The prefold does not have as tay dry lining, so I tuck it in betwwen the fitted and the snap in insert. If I feel I need even more protection than that, I use a pocket diaper as a cover with a prefold or snap in in the pocket. THat gets quite bulky and I recommend it for night time or for extremely heavy incontinence or high demanding situations only. www.ecoable.net is where you can find the Ecoable diapers. :) I know what you mean about the sensation of feeling pee between your legs and feeling like you are leaking but you actually are not. One reason why I stopped using tradtional cloth is after a wetting episode it felt like the diaper was sliding down and it felt like there was free pee leaking somewhere. Of course, with the amount of cloth I was wearing, i was well protected, but the sensations of wetting were very different than a disposable, and quite unnerving for someone not used to cloth. I now only use cloth diapers that have snap closures and a stay dry liner.. more like disposables.. less loose inserts in there not secured by snaps. I think the sliding down part was a soaker that was in the diaper itself. Perhaps it is best to secure your soakers in place with pins?

Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2023 2:22 am 

bcca wrote:
Before I posted I had already looked several different places for anyone who might have the Abena fixing pants in stock in size medium, to no avail. (XP Medical doesn't seem to have size medium in stock either)

Apparently the better term to search for on amazon is "fixation pants". I knew them as "fixing pants" before. But "fixation pants" yields much better search results, with representation from several different brands.

XP Medical still doesn't have Abri-fix cotton in stock in size medium, as of when I write this.

I've found these, that work quite well for me: https://www.ufmunderwear.com/medical-un ... rwear.html -- I found them by searching amazon for "fixation pants" and they were one of the search results, at the time I did the search. I'm not sure why they're not coming up now when i do the same search, but they did at the time and I bought some and I think they're great.

I did have to place a few different orders to really dial in what I needed. Their "briefs" don't give enough compression. Their "6 inch trunks" felt too bulky in the legs. I settled on their "3 inch trunks", one size smaller than my actual waist size.

I guess if Abena gets back in stock in size medium I might switch back, because they're kind of my old standby. But I'm quite happy with these, also.