www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:10 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2023 11:39 pm 

These aren't "fixation" pants, but they are snug fitting and the seams and panels are sewed in a way that it gives really good support for a diaper/pad/whatever you use.

I've tried the Abena pants but these are just as good if not a bit more comfortable to wear.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095J6N374?ref=nb_sb_ss_w_as-reorder-t1_ypp_rep_k0_1_18&amp=&crid=A0VNCCUKIOB0&amp=&sprefix=fruit+of+the+loom+

Worth a try if you are experimenting with what fits best on you.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:16 am 

I suspect that any spandex-type stretchable fabric garment that fits snugly over the diaper will help.

For years I have used UnderArmour compression pants for this purpose. On those occasions or very hot days when I do not wear a onesie, I use compression pants to hold my diaper in place. This has been very effective. Of course, I have plastic pants over the diaper.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:41 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
I suspect that any spandex-type stretchable fabric garment that fits snugly over the diaper will help.

One nice extra about the boxer briefs I suggested above is they are 60% cotton as opposed to the bicycle short type compression pants. I found them to be a bit cooler feeling.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 9:48 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
On those occasions or very hot days when I do not wear a onesie, I use compression pants to hold my diaper in place.

Weirdly enough, onesies are another in the same category for me where I used to be brand-loyal to Abena, but then I stopped being able to find the Abena onesies and now I'm stuck with various other brands that don't work as well for me.

I liked how low-cut the Abena onesies were in the neck. You could wear them under something and it wouldn't look like you were wearing anything under it.

Do you have any brand recommendations for onesies?

Thanks and apologies for hijacking this thread.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2023 9:07 am 

bcca, I exclusively use the onesies from Kins (BabyKins) in Canada. They are made from a denser/stronger cotton fabric that seems to last forever. The snaps never pull out (this was a big problem with other brands). Kins calls them "onesies." They are available in several colors and cost $36.00.

As I am a heavy wetter and wear premium diapers with a booster to near their absorbency, I need the onesies to provide support. For this the torso measurement is very important. The onesie should fit just a big snugly when first put on.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:16 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
bcca, I exclusively use the onesies from Kins (BabyKins) in Canada.

Thanks John, I too have only good things to say about Kins. I remember them from 20+ years ago as being good quality. But they too seem to be low on stock.

I really shouldn't have derailed this thread by asking about onesies. I felt that asking about fixing pants was semi-on-topic since the OP had mentioned fixing pants, but I didn't plan to ask about onesies in this thread, it was just too much of a temptation when you mentioned them. :-)

I'm fine, I have onesies that work, they're just not my favorite. And I now have fixing pants that I like a lot, too. So I will count my blessings and be happy. Thanks to you and everyone else :-)