www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:31 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:08 pm 

Here's a question this group probably has good answers for. Without going into a ton of details I've lost some motility in one of my hands and arm. Nothing that makes anything too difficult at the moment, and thankfully it's not my good side. However, if a surgery were to render my arm unusable I would need to figure something out with my usual protection choices. I use tape on briefs and don't see how I could use them if I can't use one hand to hold it on place while I'm taping.

Pull ups could be an option but I find that I most aren't really adequate in the front (high enough). Capacity is an issue too, but I could change more often.

I haven't tried all the products out there so maybe there is one that is good, I don't know. I think leak gaurds and full rise on the front would be important. I can also add boosters if they had room to allow for it.

I could also try pads inside underwear but I haven't found any that had the SAP content like diapers do. There are many products but I just don't know anything about them.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:58 pm 

Hi CityGardner

I have had times when I have been single handed what worked for me is to use a diaper with a front landing zone that allows for adjustments I first loosely fitted the tabs put it on like a pull-up and tweaked it against a wall or in a changing position.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:12 pm 

Thanks Greenbank.

That could work I suppose. Probably something like Megamax or wellness brief. Those are pricey but I suppose if it were only temporary I could get by.

My head tells me to look for things that are pull ups or pads that large enough to cover and also contain enough.
Right now I use Abena m4 during the heavy flow parts of my day, and then I switch to lighter protection. The good thing is my body is mostly predictable timing wise, but maybe not output.

I guess my main goal is just finding protection that's the same or similar to what I normally use but easier to put on, or just getting creative with how I go about it.

Thanks for your input.