www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 8:13 am 

With the holidays and the usual shipping delays fast approaching, it has been my practice to order enough diapers to last me until early in January. My go-to diaper is BetterDry, usually available from multiple vendors.

Yesterday, when I logged onto two of my primary vendors to order diapers, I found to my dismay that both were out in my size. :( The issues reportedly are due to supply chain problems of pulp fluff to the manufacturer in Germany (Thrust Vector) Fortunately, I was able to find another vendor and ordered two cases.

Y’all may wish to check your stock of both diapers and boosters and their availability. (I’m allowed to say “y’all” as I am in North Carolina) :D

Best wishes to everyone.

—John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Wed Dec 07, 2022 10:06 pm 

Thanks for the heads up John. Little things like this can become too big if we let it. Being pro-active on my ordering helps with my serenity. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:34 am 

LL Medico notified me yesterday that they are out of the BetterDry large. I have an auto ship set up with them. It is a little frustrating to get the email that says my auto ship order has been placed and then a few hours later get a notice that the product is not available. I crushed around the internet and found a couple of other vendors claiming they have the product in stock but for a much higher price.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:11 am 

HappilyRetired, I see what you mean. Some vendors are jacking up the price of BetterDry significantly. :(

Hang onto your cloth diapers. It can help to wear them around the house and reserve your best disposables for when you go out.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 08, 2022 4:18 pm 

JDinVirginia wrote:
With the holidays and the usual shipping delays fast approaching, it has been my practice to order enough diapers to last me until early in January. ...
For most of my needs, I can order/shop from Walmart, as long as they have stock. If that fails, then I have to resort to other online resources, that add shipping costs. If that gets too expensive/unobtainum, then I have some Megamax and BetterDry in the closet (and 4 Forsite am/pm diapers left). These are higher capacity than I normally need but having them on standby means I am ready for almost any away from home adventure.

But I do worry some. My usual daily pull-ups often have their prices jacked up (or size unavailable) at the local stores, which is a problem.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2022 12:44 pm 

I prefer cloth but there are times when I have to use disposables. Northshore has been a good and reliable supplier. I haven't seen any of their "tabbed briefs" go out of stock. Fortunately their supreme products fit me and have good absorption. Unfortunately their price, like everything else, is up 15% to 20%. )-:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2022 8:43 am 

Here is a brief summary of stockage of BetterDry diapers as of this morning:

Northshore Care still has stock of BetterDry. A case in size Large is $124 but three days ago I got a case for $112 with a discount.

Amazon is charging $142 for the same, but there is no shipping charge for Amazon Prime members.

LL Medico is out of BetterDry in sizes Large and Extra Large but has other sizes.

XP Medical is out of size Large but has sizes Small and Medium in stock.

eBay has some BetterDry diapers, but not in sizes Large or XL.

Good luck and help me update this information.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2023 11:01 am 

The supply chain for Better Dry diapers seems to be improving.

LL Medico has all sizes in stock except for XL. A case of size Large costs $104.99.
Amazon has Better Dry in most sizes. A case of size Large costs $109.99. There is a caveat that only 8 are left.

Happy diaper shopping everyone

--John
(double incontinent)