www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:21 am 

All,

Vendors constantly, although slowly, change the diaper brands they offer. For example, NorthShore Care now offers little other than its own house brand diapers. The best bargain one week may not be the same next week. I propose that we post the combination of vendors and brands that offer the best value at any given time.

I normally purchase from NorthShore Care, LL Medico, Magic Medical, and XP Medico (aka LiveAnew).

I will note that sometimes Amazon has the best values. These seem to be from excess stock or a diaper being dropped by one of the vendors. As Amazon Prime eliminates the shipping charge, these savings can be significant.

BetterDry is my "go to" diaper for both day and night. Currently the best values are available from LL Medico and XP Medical. They are virtually the same price. I always look for sales or discount coupons.

What have you guys and gals found to be good values?

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2022 8:45 am 

JDinVirginia wrote:
What have you guys and gals found to be good values?
For my overnight, the TENA Super, I found that Walmart carries them for less than the online suppliers. And since I can buy them locally, it saves me the shipping cost.

During the day, I normally wear a pull-up for accident prevention. For accident prevention, I hate spending a lot. However, the price of pull-ups have gone up with everything else lately. What I used to buy regularly on sale, is now at or near list price. So to save money, I have found that briefs can be cheaper to buy. This month I am wearing the Tranquility SmartCore cloth-backed briefs with underwear briefs over top of them as a compression pant. With this combination, I find that I can still use the toilet fairly conveniently. The diaper and underwear brief can be pulled down together if done carefully. Pull down at the front initially and shimmy the rest down after over your butt. When you're done, perform the reverse. Sometimes, due to stretching, I pull down the underwear a bit and retighten the top tapes. Being hook and loop, this can be done as often as you need but I rarely need to do this more than once / day. The SmartCore being a breathable brief turns out to be comfortable to wear. As a one time deal, I was able to find the SmartCore briefs on sale for $7/bag Cdn. I was hoping to continue with those but they are no longer available at the local stores (to save on shipping). So when those run out, I may try the TENA Classic+, since they are economical.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 12:02 am 

I've definitely saved a few bucks by shopping around a bit.

I've bought Abena from Carewell.com and they're normally the cheapest, but I've found some deals on Amazon lately for them. I found really good cheap booster pads on there too. If you buy the case of 3x10 for baby diapers they come out to about 20 cents a piece. They seem better too. The side that sits on your skin stays dry after being. Soaked. .

CG

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2022 6:54 pm 

I use cloth at night and have found the best price for top quality twill prefold diapers at CTDC. Large-$24.95 and XLarge $26.75. I haven't found any better quality with any supplier including ADC. Unfortunately the shipping expenses and tariffs have have gotten to a point that it doesn't make financial sense for them to restock. Currently they are out of med and large sizes. )-:
Northshore has been a good and reliable company to purchase disposables. Pricing of their Supreme line is fair for the quality/absorbance. They are as good or better than any other disposable I've tried.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2022 11:27 pm 

Steve M. wrote:
Northshore has been a good and reliable company to purchase disposables. Pricing of their Supreme line is fair for the quality/absorbance. They are as good or better than any other disposable I've tried.

I ordered some Air Supreme lite recently and was really happy with them. Seemed to last a bit longer than Abena which came out to about the same price or less, so I'll second what you said, Steve.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 1:54 am 

I use fetware.com. great prices on reusable diapers and plastic pants.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:51 am 

Like Artiejr, I also have used Fetware and their more mainstream sister company DriWear and agree that they have good products and competitive prices.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 9:11 pm 

It looks like CTDC will not be restocking their prefold line. )-: I've looked around a bit and see that https://www.adultclothdiaper.com(ACD) has prefolds that look simular to CTDCs. Their sizing only lists before washing L x W dimensions. I asked if they had after washing dimensions....they didn't. Before I order I'd like to know that their large and x-large sizes will fit. Does anyone have after washing length and width measurements for their large and x-large prefolds they could share?
Thanks, Steve

BTW Fetware only has stock on their medium sized prefolds listed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2022 10:01 pm 

Steve, Have you looked at Angelfluff Diapers? That is where I have always gotten my prefolds from and I have always been very happy. The always have about 10 size options for each "weight" or thickness of diapers. I always get the medium weight diapers because over time, they do tend to start to wear out and become a little lighter as far as that weight but still lots of life in them.
Also, I have found that the thicker ones are harder to get all the way clean and the medium ones I can add a booster to no problem.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2022 2:41 pm 

I checked out Angle Fluff. They have a good size and weight selection. Unfortunately the only prefolds I saw were flannel. I prefer birdseye or twill weave. In the past I've tried flannel diapers and they seemed not wear as well, took longer to dry, and felt wet after only a short period of time. ACD did have twill for $30(XL) and $27(L) in quantities of 4 or more. unfortunately they do not list 'after washing' dimensions. I usually buy dozen at a time to replace old ones.
Thanks for the suggestion. I appreciate your contribution to the site!