www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Many thanks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:36 am 

I just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to this board, and all the members here. I have been here since 2008, and it looks like I've posted for more than a few times, and the How do you deal with your icontinence section has a lot of posts written by me. If this is a help, I'm glad I could help. If it is an annoyance, I heartily apologize. My PDD NOS sometimes has me going overboard and talking about random subjects and you could say that making posts about it is as much therapy for me in dealing with mentally as it is support for the rest of y'all. Loss of bladder and bowel control is never easy to deal with, and this board has been AWESOME. Schoppy Slosher, and Macdan took me under their wing when i first started having issues and protection questions way back in 2008. What started as the daily dribble on my underwear and the occasional oh crap I didn't make all my pee into the toilet, now i gotta clean the floor and change my pants quickly compounded. It eventualyl got to the point where full on wettings requireing protection changes became a frequent occurance. Through it all, this board has been here. Through all the doctors appointments, cytoscopies, lithotripsies, drives down to U of M, you have been here. Were it not for this board and good advice on products, how to manage etc, I would no doubt be dealing with many wet pants and probably very depressed and withdrawn. I'd be stuck with Depend and store brand. I would have no idea where to go for better quality products. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject: Re: Many thanks
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:07 am 

I'll second the thanks! I got the right advice here to get me started. As my IC progresses (among other health problems), I do look to this board for ongoing advice.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2022 6:35 am 

Amen to that! I've been here for years and am still learning (and sometimes venting).

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2022 3:06 pm 

Add my appreciation. If my family were forced to listen to what I write here, I might still have a family, but it would not be happy. Kudos and thanks to Schoppy and the crew he has assembled. They make my life, and the lives of my family and friends, much easier.