www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 11:56 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2022 8:53 pm 

Has anyone tried them? I'm getting a sample tomorrow. I'm wondering if they are just what I need for my physical therapy.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2022 7:07 am 

I tried them and like them. They do not last as long as the plastic-backed NS MegaMax but they last longer than the plastic-backed NS Supreme and the breathable NS AirSupreme diapers.

They were very comfortable and did not stretch unreasonably. Like most cloth-like shell breathable diapers they do stretch more than the plastic-backed version.

However, JustJ, a thcker diaper may not be good for wear during your PT. Have you already tried the NS AirSupreme diapers (the lighter companion to the breathable MegaMax Air?

Then, of course, there is the issue of cost. The MegaMax Air are "somewhat pricey" - $2.50 each for size Large when purchased by the case and $2.87 each when purchased by the package. If you purchase by the pack you also will need to pay for shipping.

However, they are a great diaper and may work for you.

--John
(double incontinent)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2022 9:14 pm 

John - well as it turns out I graduated pt last Thursday! They said ive met all my goals and there is nothing else for me to do! So my problems is solved.

I didn't get to try the megamax in pt but I tried it at home and it was ok I guess. I don't feel secure in breathable. I'll stick to plastic backed.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2022 11:46 am 

I’ve used them, and I was impressed enough that I switched to them for day time use. It’s been so hot here that I couldn’t go another summer using a plastic backed diaper during the day. The tapes on most breathable diapers don’t work for me, the tapes usually end up slipping and I lose the snug fit. These do a lot better, out of the two or three cases I’ve used, I have had 4 or 5 of the lower tapes break (never more than one at a time though), but that’s been after I’ve had one on for a while, and it really hasn’t affected the fit. They are breathable, so over long periods of time they aren’t as great at containing the odor, but they do a pretty good job, and they keep me a lot more comfortable than a plastic backed diaper would.